Chapter 2 - The Path

The moment Madara got the permission of the Hokage, he immediately assigned Kisame and Itachi to go to the mysterious lake and investigate. As both Kisame and Itachi walks closer to the said lake, they sense enormous chakra overflowing, being some kind of sensory-type ninja, the two hurriedly run towards the forest.

"Is this it?" Kisame said, looking beyong the water.
"I guess" Itachi replied as he activated his sharingan.
"It does possesses some great amount of chakra. Tell me Itachi, what do you think this may be?" Looking at the huge blade at his back. "I think Samehada is feeling a little excited" Kisame added
"Not sure. Could you look down a little Kisame" Itachi demanded, with curiosity Kisame obeyed and look deep down the lake

As if the two man are looking for a lost object that is drowned onto the lake, a few seconds later they noticed a strange, blurred image of a girl..

——-

"Shiriko! What are you doing?!" Yuna asked her friend who is tip-toeing a fence.

"Shut up Yuna. Take a look at this" with that being said, Yuna also took a peak at the small crack on the fence

"Is that a river?" Yuna asks, eyes still on the crack
"Kinda. But do temples really have river at their backyard?" Shiriko replied.

Finally giving up the thought, Shiriko looked away at the hole and unexpectedly, her eyes met people standing at the roof of the temple

"Yuna!" Shiriko exclaims. "Do you see that?"
"Huh? See what?" Yuna replied tilting her head at the side

When Shiriko took a second glance at the roof, the people had disappeared.

"What is that? Who is that?" Shiriko thought.

Sighing, "I think I'm being played by my imagination or worst I am being played by ghost!" Shiriko exclaims hysterically. "Yuna help me, call a doctor please!" Shiriko pleaded

"Would you please calm down? Let's just go. And stop telling me to call a doctor. A doctor couldn't save you from ghosts, y'know." Yuna sighed. "Geez. Stop watching too much horror, okay". With that, Shiriko calmed down. "Yeah you're right. I guess I am having too much coffee. I'm hallucinating right now".

The two young woman continued walking back to the temple, Shiriko looked over her shoulders and looked at the roof for the last time then headed back.

// Shiriko's POV //

"Where have you been, young ladies?" Miss Kim asks us worriedly. She really is a good teacher, so caring towards her students. I wish I could be just like her someday.

We bowed our head down and told Miss Kim we just looked for the bathroom and got lost our way back. As we continued this "boring" tour, I can't help but want to asks the caretaker about the people I just saw earlier. They are really creeping me out. They had that sense of history on their faces, like they're from the past or something. While the thoughts inside my head are holding a debate, the caretaker approached me and tapped my shoulder.

"Are you alright dear? Do you found the bathroom?" Miss Akane told me

"Ahm.. yeah, I found it. Thank you" I said feeling guilty of lying. I hate lying and I just can't stand myself telling one even if it is a white lies. Urghh..

"You see, you're not really good of a liar aren't you my dear?" Miss Akane chuckled.

"W-What do you mean by that, Miss?" I said confused of the words she said though I already knew what she meant

"There is no bathroom in here dear or perhaps, you got your way on someone else's bathroom" Miss Akane told me and I swear I saw her grinned.