Chapter 20 - Destined

// Sasori's POV //

"I did it again.. I let her run away from me again" I said to myself while I work on my puppets. I promised myself last night when I saw her playing the violin with tears in her eyes— I promised I'll never let her cry again.. but now, I did it again.

I hissed at myself and slightly threw my crafting tools out of anger. I run my fingers to my hair and lay my head on my desk.

"I just wish those puppets I left in her room will make her stay with me"

While cursing at myself, I suddenly felt Shiriko's presence nearing me. "Is she coming back?"

A couple of minutes after, I heard a knock on the door.

// Shiriko's POV //

"I think I got the message" I softly mumbled.

I stood up and run towards Sasori's room, I need to clarify things. Once I reached his room, I knocked and heard him say "Come in" and saw him at his desk, he stood there as if he was waiting for me to come.

"Sasori" I call him softly. His eyes slightly widened.

"What is it?" He asked me calmly.
"What do you mean by this?" I asked him, raising the paper in my hand.

"What do you think?" He return me the question.

"11, 89 and 119. I love you.. i-is t-that what it means?" I asked him. I can't look at him directly due to too much embarrassment.

I saw him smirk and he walked towards me. "You finally get it.." I took a step back but I felt his chakra strings wrapping around me. "Sasori, enough with this strings.."

"Did you get my gift?" I looked up at him and tilt my head. "W-what gift? I-I didn't received any" I told him shaking my head.

His smirk grew and in an instant, his lips landed on my mine. "I missed you" I mumbled between kisses as I felt him smirk and bit my lip asking for an entrance. I couldn't control myself anymore for it has been a week or so since I last felt him touch me. I slightly open my mouth but he grunted. He didn't like a small opening I guess and slid his tongue inside my mouth and forcefully opened it. I moaned a little when he starts sucking my tongue and felt his hands on my waist, slipping his left hand under my shirt and touching my bare side.

The kiss was a bit rough. We pulled away after running out of breathe. Sasori raises his hands and cupped my face, staring deep into my eyes.

"I love you" he whispered hoarsely.

"Sasori.. y-you.." my tears started to fall and I grabbed his cloak and buried my face into his chest.

Sasori put his chin on the top of my head and I snaked my hands around his torso and hugged him tight. "How can you say you love me? You choose Sakura instead of me!" I told him crying in between my words.

I felt his hug tightened around me. "I didn't choose Sakura. I didn't choose anyone because its you whom I already chose" he replied to me.

"Then why did you left me? On our way home.. You didn't come to me when I got drenched in the rain! You didn't even asked me if I was okay.. if I was bre-.." I didn't have the chance to finish and say everything I kept inside my heart since that day because Sasori cut me off.

"Its enough.. I'm sorry.. I won't do that again" He said after shushing me.

I clenched my fist under his cloak but my heart was at ease. Sasori wipe my tears and gave me light kiss on the lips.