02 | Fallen cookies

Biology can be so boring sometimes.

I mean it's literally the first day but the cruel teacher is making us study!! How is that fair? I just want food and I find myself daydreaming about the precious chocolate chip cookies I brought that my dad had baked last night. I could almost smell them here from my locker...

I look besides me at Zach who is intently taking notes as he listens to the teacher. I fight the urge to giggle at his concentrated expression and his scrunched eyebrows.

"Nerd." I can't help but whisper to him. His head snaps to me and he looks down at the doodles I'm currently making and an amused expression takes over his face.

"What? Stop staring at my doodles." I say chuckling but stop when I realise what the hell I've drawn. I've literally written his name in cursive along with mine. I don't even bother hiding it now, he already knows I like him and my traitorous friends have even teased me about it in front of him.

"Just ignore that."

"I'm not a nerd by the way, I'm just paying attention to class unlike you." He says teasingly. He's kind of right but I usually do pay attention in class, but I'm still angry at the teacher for making us study at the first day.

"I don't like studying on the first day and Mr Daniels is evil. Also I'm daydreaming about my precious cookies in my locker." Oh my god why would I tell him that?! He's about to reply when Mr Daniels calls out my name and asks me to shut up. Only me and not Zach. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining and it's my fault I was engaging Zach in conversation, but I'm just trying to prove a point here.

You know there's always that teacher who just seems to hate you for no apparent reason? Well that's Mr Daniels with me. He was my teacher last year too and I'm stuck with him again. I've got such an amazing life.

He glares at me for a long time till finally returning to his lecture. Sighting, I also start taking notes and wait for class to end.

"Well you see now why I don't like Mr Daniels? He hates me for no reason." I say to Zach once class ends.

"Yeah he definitely doesn't seem to like you." He says laughing. "Well I gotta head to my next class, so see you around." I wave at him as I head to my next class.

FINALLY it's lunch break and I happily dash to my locker to eat my cookies. I'm on my way outside with them to go to the table where me, Cassie and Jordan always sit, focusing on my cookies when someone bumps into me, causing my precious cookies to go crashing to the floor. I stare at them in shock and anger.

"Oh my god. What the hell, no one and I mean no one comes in between me and my food, you-" I stop short when I find Zach looking at me with an apologetic face. I let out an embarrassed groan as I bend to collect the cookies and throw them away.

"Shit, sorry I didn't see you there." He says.

"It's fine. I'm sorry too I wasn't looking where I was going." I say sheepishly.

"It's ok. May your cookies rest in piece." He adds with a laugh.

"Yeah, I'll arrange a funeral for them too." I say chuckling, and start to move outside. He follows besides me and I frown. He seems to be hanging around me alot today or is it just my imagination? I make my way to my table only to see that Cassie and Jordan aren't their yet. Where are they?! Am I supposed to keep walking with Zach or sit at my table alone? Thankfully Zach spots his other guy friends and after waving goodbye to me, he walks over to them. I can't help the feeling of disappointment that floods me as I move to sit alone at the table.

Will he ever like me back?

I really need to move on. Says me who only talks to her friends, stays in her room watching movies or reading all day long, friendzoning every guy who talks to her except for Zach. Lol. Just then I see Cassie running over to me and sitting down.