06 | Project

"This is stupid." Zach sighs after sitting there for five minutes. My head snaps up to him and I look at him in confusion.

Does him sitting this close to me disgusts him that much?

"Even though I'm hell a lot scared of horror movies especially that freaky doll, I'm going to move it away from the door." He says standing up with a determined expression.

"Fine." I say, relaxing back on the bed. "I'm not touching that doll though."

"Nah I'm the gentlemen remember? I'll do it myself." He says bowing to me before turning to face the doll. He jumps back a bit when he sees it's facing us and even though I'm scared I can't fight the giggle that escapes me. He shoots me a look before cautiously taking a step towards the doll. He juts out his leg to kick it but stops an inch away.

"Scared?" I tease. Then I gulp when I look at the doll giving that creepy smile.

That's when the lights go out.

"AAAAAAAGH HELP!" Zach yells and I hear him scrambling around but I can't see a single thing. What the hell happened to the lights?! Someone has to be playing a joke on us. Ollie starts barking loudly and before I know it, she running outside to look for the source of the disruption.

"Zach?" I whisper and walk forward trying to find him in the darkness.

"Where are you Luna?" His fearful voice comes out and I hate myself for laughing.

"Why the hell are you laughing?" He asks incredulously.

"Who would have thought, the famous hot Zachary is scared of Annabelle and the dark." I say, trying to stifle my giggles.

"Ha so you think I'm hot?" He asks, and I just know he's smirking. Yes you're hot. Super cute and super hot.

"In your dreams buddy." I say laughing and glad it's dark so he can't see my blush.

"Where are you?" He asks and I can make out his outline groping in the dark. I feel a smirk form on my face as climb on my bed and move to the other side of the bed. Creeping up on him from behind, I crouch down and wrap my hand around his leg. He screams like a girl and almost loses his balance as he tries to free his leg.

"It's got me, help!!" He screams. I burst out laughing at him.

"What the Hades you scared me!" He says angrily as turns around in the darkness and looks down trying to find me. I stand up and grab hold of his arm.

"Come on, were getting out of here." I say, and without overthinking it, I drag him out the door praying the doll doesn't grab us. We rush down the stairs out the front door and I lean against it, taking a deep breathe.

"That was..." I trail off still breathing hard.

"Yeah..." Zach says. "I'll go call that idiot tommy boy come on." He walks toward his car and I follow him. I watch him quietly as he dials Thomas's number and puts it on speaker when he attends it.

"Hey Zach." His annoying voice booms through the phone.

"What the hell did you gift Luna at that date?!" Zach demands angrily.

"Oh that! It was a really cool Annabelle doll my cousin had brought from Canada and he did some changes to it so it's head moves." We both roll our eyes as he finishes and I can't help the sigh of relief that escapes me.

"Pretty cool right? I bet she loves it." He says proudly.

"Um no she doesn't. That's a creepy gift man." Zach says.