Brittany

I felt my heart in my throat as I reached out to turn the door handle. It creaked open, revealing Brittany. I could've broken down in tears at the mere sight of her. She looked so sad, so weak. There was a classic hospital bed that she lay on, a tracheotomy tube out of neck. I'd never seen someone I loved so much in such a sorry state and I hated it.

"Hi" I spoke as I sat myself down onto a chair next to her bed.
"Hey" she replied, trying to smile but it was paining her.
"Umm... I know you're not, but how are you"
"I've been better. The worst part is I don't know how Lord Tubbington's doing. He hasn't responded to any of the texts Sam sent him." Brittany said it with such innocence I laughed for the first time since ages. Brittany tried to move her head to look at me.
"I'm sorry" she looked me deep in the eyes.
"What do you mean. Nothing's your fault here, Britt" I reached for her hand and held it in mine, her using most of her strength to do it back.
"I guess I, well. We shouldn't have broken up Santana. And now I'm with Sam. And I don't know what to do." Her eyes were shutting but she was forcing them open.
" This isn't about 'us' it's about you. I came here for you to see if my best friend was still alive and breathing." Brittany managed to muster a smile as I heard someone walk through the door. It was her parents.
"Brittany!" her Mum shouted as I let go of her hand to let her mum kiss it.
"Brittany!" shouted her father. I've never understood how he is her father as he's Asian.
"We brought you grapes!" he shouted whilst getting a confused and angry look from his wife.
"Hi Mum. And Dad. Santana has just come into see me." I could tell by the look in her eyes that she was exhausted. All these idiots coming to see her before don't truly care about her, do they? Now they've used all her energy up. Typical.
"You look tired. Get some rest and I'll come back tomorrow." I spoke very reluctantly and she could tell. Brittany grabbed my arm as I was heading towards the door.
"You promise you'll come back tomorrow." she pouted at me. I leaned over to kiss her on the head.
"Of course. I much rather be here than back in New York with Ru Paul and Lady Hummel." she smiled weakly at me, let go of my arm and then shut her eyes.

In the corridor Finn had an ice pack on his very red cheek, with Berry all over him. She stopped pandering to him when she saw me come out of the room and got up to talk to me. I instinctively rolled my eyes.
"Where are you planning on staying tonight?" she asked.
"I guess I'll have to get a hotel as my Mum's away in Spain. What does that have to with you?"
Slightly put off by my 'rudeness' she replied. "Well I was going to say... if you wanted to save yourself money..."
"Hurry up Berry I'm ageing"
"Would you like to come and stay at mine. I've got a spare sofa bed in my room."
Now normally that would be a no or a sarcastic answer. But I was still processing this whole horrible situation with Brit so this could either cheer me up or make me even more depressed.