When Rachel helps

I got off the bus outside Rachel's and barged through the door. She heard and came running downstairs as I hurled my handbag onto the sofa.
"What's wrong? You aren't supposed to be back for another hour." She looked genuinely worried. "Is it Brittany- oh Santana is Brittany alright!"
"She's fine!" I shouted. She looked at me trying to think what could possibly be wrong.
"Ok then."
"Well I don't really know to be honest. It's all Trouty's fault! If he had just kept his annoying guppy lips shut I.." Then I realised. I had been in such a state to not see Brittany. With all this uncertainty it could've been one of the last times I got to see her.

Rachel and I were both sat on her bed. She had told me that she could help if I just talked to her, which was highly unlikely seeing as though Berry is one of my least favourite people.
"So... would you like to tell me what happened?" She asked. I took a deep breath and spoke.
"Me and Sam had a little argument." Rachel looked at me in disbelief. "Oh fine it was quite a big argument. He pissed me off alright."
"I take it was over Brittany."
"Yeah. I don't really give a shit about anyone else." I was fed up of talking to Berry now so I tried to shut anything she said down. That was until she finally said something with a point:
"I can see you're not just upset about the Sam thing. What else is it?" Contemplating whether to tell her or not, I played with my hands in my lap. Though I couldn't see them, I could feel her eyes on me. So I gave in.
"I feel so crappy. Britt's not in a great place right now and she needs me. And what if she's not there tomorrow." She looked at me confusion spread across her face.
"What do you mean not there tomorrow. She won't have left Santana."
"I mean that what if when I go to the hospital tomorrow" I paused and gulped out of fear. "And she's dead." Berry through her arms around me. Shocked, I just sat there awkwardly until she started trying to reassure me.
"She will be fine, Santana. Didn't the doctors say she was in a stable condition?" Those words seemed to help me a little, making me feel a small amount of optimism. She released her arms from my middle.
"Good point. But what if she suddenly gets worse over night? Then I've just screwed up my chances of seeing her for the last time. I'm such a dick!" I felt a tear I didn't realise was there leave my eye and run down my cheek. Another did the same with two others falling in turn. Soon I was full on balling my eyes out and made my way out of her bedroom and to the downstairs toilet.

Once there I looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes were red and puffy, black bags underneath them where I hadn't been sleeping properly for the last week. My face was screwed up as I tried to hide the fact that I was crying even though I was the only one who could see. Quite frankly the definition of a mess. Hearing Berry come stomping downstairs and press her ear against the door, I tried to stop crying. I hated myself. My best friend was unable to move, in pain and worried and I walked out on her. I had walked out on Brittany again. Sam was right, when I went to Louisville I left Britt behind. She was alone having to redo her senior year without her best friends, when I was out at college going to house parties and having loads of girls flirt with me. But whilst I was there I never stopped thinking about her, so I always brushed the other girls off. She was always the only one for me, and always will be.

I cleaned myself up (as Schuester would say) and went back up to Berry's room.
"Are you alright. I didn't want to disturb you or anything but I heard you crying." I rolled my eyes.
"Yes I heard you eavesdropping, Berry. I can hear your hobbit like feet coming from a mile away."