The up

The rest of the evening was a blur which I spent trying to tune the over enthusiastic voice of Berry out. Though she felt we had been 'bonding' with our time spent in NYC, her voice was still as jarring as ever. Part of me wanted to get a hotel for the rest of my time in Lima (the length of that time I didn't know) but knowing my bank account was already dying at the lack of money in it so I decided against it. The money my mum gave me was running painfully low as a few too many designer handbags had caught my eye. It didn't really matter though, they're limited edition from Louis Vuitton. Anyway, that morning I was feeling a little more like Santana Lopez and less a weepy teenage girl. I was ready to go and see Britt. That's if she even wanted to see me after my little performance the day before. I was ready by 10:00 (visiting times started at 10:30 now) and left the house to call an Uber.

The whole journey I went over the argument Sam and I had yesterday. 'You. Left. Her.' Was all I could think about. As much as I hated to admit it, Sam was right. I left her, there was nothing else to it. I can't blame Trouty for shooting his shot, Brittany's the most beautiful girl I've ever met. She's just so innocent and I never want her to loose that over what's happened, especially not because of me.

The hospital was the same as always, it's smell of cleanliness and over all sense of order as unsettling as ever. As I made my way to the waiting room I spotted a very familiar hippo brooch out of the corner of my eye. Kurt was filling up a small plastic cup from the water dispenser with his back to me.
"Lady Hummel." I said.
"Hello Santana." he replied without even turning to see who it was.
"How would you guess?"
"Well only you and Sue call me that, and since it was in a sing song tone I knew." He turned to face me and took a sip of water. "So how have you been."
"Alright. Rachel is getting annoying though."
"Oh she's not that bad." I glared at him. "Oh fine she can be a little painful, but she cares about you." I laughed.
"I wouldn't be surprised if Berry wanted me dead after all that Brody stuff that went down."
Kurt opened his mouth to say something but he was interrupted by Sam.
"Hey Kurt, can I borrow Santana for a bit." I looked over at Kurt begging for him to say no. But why would he?
"Sure." he simply stated. I rolled my eyes, Sam weakly smiling at me.

We walked the rest of the way to the waiting room in awkward silence. He kept trying to look over at me, to catch my eye but I made sure to face away from him. After around 2 minutes of walking we arrived at the oh to familiar waiting room and sat down opposite each other.
"I just wanted to say sorry for yesterday." He begun. I was confused. "I shouldn't have shouted at you." I turned to him with a look of bewilderment.
"What do you mean you're sorry?" I laughed. "I was a real bitch." This time Sam laughed, which lightened the mood a little.
"I just always thought apologising to someone with your.." I shot him a small glare as if to say that he should pick his next words wisely. "Well your temperament that was the best way to go about it." Temperament! Did he think I was some kind of dog. Still, it made sense. I'm not the most forgiving person.
"It's fine. You were right, since I found out about Britt I haven't taken a break at all." I was about to continue talking when a nurse came over to me. Her voice was calm and collected, which made me uneasy but all she said is that Brittany wanted to see me. I suddenly felt rather worried, that maybe she would be angry at me for not seeing her yesterday. I'd have to wait and see.

When I walked in I saw Brittany smile. Not the slightly forced one I had seen the last few days, a proper Brittany smile. A bit more colour was back in her cheeks. Happiness filled me and I hadn't even talked to her yet. I sat myself down on the same chair once again and started chatting to her. We talked and laughed for what must've been about an hour and she looked so happy.
"Britt." I said seriously, unfortunately stopping her infectious laugh.
"Yes."
"I'm sorry I didn't  see you yesterday. I...I-"
"You had a stomach ache, it's fine San." I looked at her oddly until I realised. Sam didn't tell her about our argument. My respect for Trouty was going up.
"Uh, yeah. I feel a lot better now." And although I hated lying to her, it wasn't really a lie. I felt so much better. In that moment I thought that everything was on the up. That was until I got the horrible news the next morning.