Trouty Mouth

The next day I arrived at the hospital feeling rather optimistic. Nothing could ruin my day, as the little trip I took yesterday made me very nostalgic. I realised that I valued what Britt and I had and nobody would take that away from me.

The waiting room was quiet now, with most of the glee club only visiting Brittany once every 4 days if that. Jake and Marley had come in the early morning before school as they hadn't come yet. So really it was just Sam, Britt's parents and I visiting consistently. Trouty sat on the other side of the room and tried to smile at me. I ignored him. Yes, Sam was kind and reasonably attractive for a boy whilst ignoring his weirdly large mouth, but he just wasn't right for Britt. He loves her, but he also loved Quinn, Mercedes and me at one point. Whereas I've always loved her. I've been with Puck, Sam, Finn and even Quinn for a night but I never felt the same feelings as I did when I was with Britt. When I was with them I loved her and only her. Pulling me out of my thoughts was Sam. He came and sat on the chair next to me.

"Nice to see you." He said. I rolled my eyes. "Nice to see you too Sam!" Sarcasm flowed through his voice.
"No need for the attitude. I just don't want to talk to you right now."
"Ok fine. It gets a bit boring sitting here by yourself though. And you didn't talk to me the last time I was here either."
"Which- may I add wasn't yesterday. As" I stroked my chin in fake thought "Oh yes! You couldn't be bothered to turn up to see your girlfriend who is potentially on her death bed." I scolded. Sam looked at me clearly upset.

"Look, this is horrible for her parents. It would be great if us two got along, you know. You're her best friend and I'm her boyfriend. Brittany and her parents need our help so can you just be nice to me." Sam pleaded.
"I'll have you know that I'm more than a best friend to Britt, Evans, and I will always be whether you like it or not. I find it hard to be nice to you because you stole my Britt away from me." Sam got up out of his seat and it seemed like he had given up. That was until he had the audacity to turn back and shout at me.
"You know what Santana. You're pathetic." I'd never seen Sam loose his temper with me before and it was weird. He was usually really chilled out. "Brittany loves you and still does, I know she does. But you left her, Santana! You. Left. Her. I didn't take her away from you!" I remember totally loosing my temper and I could feel Snixx take over. I was spitting in my seat but not a word came out. He carried on with his rage at me. "Do you understand? She was so upset when you went off to Louisville. And I was the only one who recognised that, Santana. Anyway, you broke up with her! I know you don't like to hear it- but it's the truth." I stood up out of my chair and got right up in the much taller boy's face.
"I needed to go to Louisville to go to college! I had a perfectly good reason to leave her." Those words hurt to say. "On the other hand smart ass, where were you yesterday? Wasn't that leaving Britt technically? Oh yes Salamander Lips, I can get down to the nitty gritty details if I want to. You know what that means dumbass?" He shook his head. "It means that I could create a whole list on how you don't care about Britt as much as I do." Sam backed away evidently trying to calm me down. By now a doctor had stuck her head out of her room and was giving us a dirty look.
"This is getting stupid now." He tried to smile apologetically at the doctor but she tucked her head back through the door. Sam spoke quieter now, more calm and collected. "I wasn't here yesterday because I couldn't handle it." I felt my eyes glare through his pathetic little soul. Couldn't handle it! What a load of shit! I can barely handle seeing Brittany in this upset way so unlike herself but I still turn up. It's my duty to do so. He carried on. "And I don't think you're handling this very well, Santana. You only found out 5 days ago and you haven't taken a break since then. Go home. I mean you're not really in the..." I scowled at him coldly. "The right mood to visit her anyway, I guess." With that I didn't want to hear anything else come out of his guppy like lips. I made my way to the exit, not really knowing what I was doing.
"Te odio, jodete perra!" I screamed back at him. Of course, as he had undoubtedly been failing Spanish for the last three years, he had no clue what I was saying. Let's just say, that was for the better.

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been busy lately and the whole Naya situation really hit home. I hope she's happy up there with Cory and watching over Josey ❤️