Chapter Six

Everyone silently naps for the rest of the long journey, apart from meatball-man George (who's driving) and me.

How could I possibly sleep?

Isabel told Anonymous that I'm her girlfriend. She likes me! At least, I think that she does. In her mind we could just be gals being pals, although, she does listen to girl in red...

'Aaaand we're here! Time to go dudes!' George cheerfully calls from the driver's seat. We carefully pull into a parking spot outside the venue, and start to unload the van.

I awkwardly hover at Isabel's side.

'Should I go and join the line with the other fans now?' I ask, biting my lip. I could hear them already cheering at the band's arrival.

She swivels round to face me.
She takes my breath away yet again, something that has become a habit.

'Nah. You're coming with us.' Isabel says determinedly. The bassist takes my hand and pulls me closer, so that she's whispering in my ear, 'I want tonight to be perfect for you.'

I could feel her delicate breath on my neck, sending tingles down my spine.

'Thank you.' I whisper back, looking into her bright blue orbs.

We stay like that for a moment. Everything felt perfect.

I help everyone set up backstage to the best of my abilities. I'm not even close to being as talented as the siblings, but I've dabbled in bass and guitar. I'm cool.

'I'm glad Isabel chose you.' George says warmly, as I help him carry his keyboard into position, 'When you won the competition, but didn't reply to any of our messages, she got really worried. It's like she knew you were in danger.'

Isabel was worried about me? Isabel CHOSE me?

'What do you mean chose?' I question.

'Well, it would be near impossible to find out who actually messaged first, so she just chose at random.'

Ah, I see.

'She was so excited when we were told we could meet you in hospital, we all were! From your instagram profile we could see you were an awesome person!' He dabs and gives me a high-five, before walking over to help Bartholomew set up.

That was unexpected.

Something else unexpected was the sharp jab I felt in my back. I turn around to see Emily bearing her sharpened drumsticks.

'Hey Hannah, show's about to start. We thought it'd be cool if you watch from the side of the stage.'

'Oh okay-'

The younger girl pratically drags me to my designated spot. To be honest, it was a really good view, so I didn't argue.

As she gallops back on stage, cheers erupt from the audience and the finally show begins.

The music is phenomenal. The six siblings are incredibly good at what they do, especially Ellie, who straight up vibes with her tambourine (although upon closer inspection it just looks like a block of wood?), and Isabel, who definately takes the spotlight for me. The way she plays her bass and sings with such immense passion... it's unbelievably hot.

I dance freely at the side of the stage, not caring what others thought of me, stomping and swinging my arms round like crazy. This is what it feels like to be alive. I've never felt happier.

'WE HAVE BEEN SM6!' Isabel shouts into the microphone, whilst taking off her bass, 'AND WE HAVE ONE MORE SONG, ONE VERY SPECIAL SONG IN FACT, DEDICATED TO ONE EXTRA-SPECIAL MEMBER OF THE AUDIENCE. WE WISH YOU GOODNIGHT!'