Chapter Nine

Tonight is the night of the Halloween Fair. Carefully, I slip on a sea-shell bra over my long-sleeved, orange shirt.

Perfect. My Mermaid-Man costume is complete. I gaze at myself in the mirror and marvel at my fabulous creation. I wonder how Isabel is going to look in her Barnacle-Boy costume?
Before leaving the cafe yesterday, we made the collective choice to wear a couple costume to the Halloween Fair. We both have an immense passion for spongebob lore, so being the infamous superheros just made sense.

It is somewhat strange, however. Me and Isabel are not actually a couple, heck- we're barely dating... yet we are definately more than just friends. It's an odd limbo to be in.

I sigh contently and finish up my make-up. Just a simple, thick layer of eyeliner and a starfish nose. Not too much. I'm not like other girls. I grab my bag before gayly gliding out the door on my rollerskates, making my way to the Jones' house.

I haven't seen any of siblings, apart from dreamy bassist lover, for around two weeks now. To be perfectly honest, I missed the family and their funny quirks. The atmosphere they create through their laughing, singing and dancing feels like a safe haven for me.

As I walk up to the large, cabin-like residence, I see three of the Jones' tumble of the front door.

Oh my Lord.

Immediately I draw my attention to the band's drummer. It's hard not to.

Emily is dressed up as Leshawna from Total Drama, but with a twist. She appears to have the body type of the blueberry girl in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

'I'm Leshawna Ball!' She cheers in delight, before using her costume to roll down the garden path like a bowling ball.

I laugh joyously at her silly antics and look to the next, smaller person standing in front of me.

'Hello Ellie!' I say warmly. She's wearing an extravagant unicorn onesie that has a glowing, rainbow horn- it's pretty swanky. Definately a fit I could see Jojo in.

'Do you like it?' She questions sweetly.

'Yes! You look great.' 

'I got it from the Burlington Coat Factory.'

The third sibling, Jack, shoots her a dirty look and slopes off. I wonder why? From where I'm standing, I can see that he is in one of those morph-suits, only instead of being just pure black like most kids have on Halloween, it was orange and bean patterned. Quite innovative to say the least.

'Where's the other three?' I ask the young percussionist, looking round.

'I know that you are looking for Isabel.' She giggles cheekily, 'I think they are over there by the willowtree, or at least George is.'

I thank her, and walk through the crisp, evening air to the tree. The sky is still light, yet trick-or-treaters are already out on the rounds, collecting their candy. Isabel told me that her family never participated in that particular festivity, being vegan and all, she told me it would be rather difficult to come back with anything they could actually eat.

As I get closer, I notice only two figures standing under the tree. I'm rather taken aback by the fact that they are both dressed in red, fluffy elmo costumes, one slightly taller than the other. George and Adam?

I can't help but eavesdrop on their conversation. I'm curious to hear if they have any opinions about me and Isabel.

'I... like you too.' the smaller of the elmos confesses to the other in a soft, feminine voice.

Oh. Definately not Adam.

I gasp as the mysterious figure lifts their mask off.

No way.

Mira?!

She gives George, who takes his mask off too, a seductive smile and pulls him in for a smooch.

Okay. How do I even react?

They seem cute together, so in order to not disturb them I cartoonishly tiptoe my way back to the house, grinning like an idiot due to what I've just seen.

I feel someone approach from behind.

'Hannah!'

That's the voice I know and love.

I feel Isabel hug me tightly from behind. The best kind of hug. I look around to face her.

My jaw drops

Her Barnacle-Boy costume is incredible. I especially think the blue bandana is adorable. I give her a quick but sweet peck on the lips.

'You two look quite the pair.' Adam remarks, coming round the corner. I see he dressed up as the Once-ler from the Lorax, and honestly I'm not surprised.

Isabel giggles.

'Right?! Adam take a picture of me and Hannah, this incredible moment must be recorded!'

It's not long before six of us hop in the car, ready to go. It was a struggle trying to fit Emily and her absolute whopper of a costume through the small door, but somehow we managed it.

I'm about to use the moment as an opportunity to congratulate all the siblings on their One Direction opportunity, but we realise a sibling is missing.

'Where's George?' Jack questions, looking around at his surroundings.

'Yeah, he was gonna drive?' Says Adam with a confused tone.

I know exactly where he is, and dare I say what he's doing.

I lean in and whisper the situation to lorax boy, who nods in response with a flabbergasted expression on his face.

'Well I guess I'm driving.' He switches to the driver's seat and starts up the engine.

'Tell me.' Isabel whispers, as we pull out the driveway, 'What it is?'

I tell her the details of the encounter and she grins wildly.

'Yessss, #gira for life!' She cheers lightly, 'I've shipped them since day one!' She squeezes my hand in excitement.

I love it when she does that.

'Hey guys keep it down, I'm trying to drive!' Adam calls to us with a tone of deep concentration.

'Noooo I'm too excited about the fair to be quiet!' Emily whines.

'Why don't we just relaaax and turn on the radio?!!! Would you like AmM or FmmMMm!!' He shouts in response, successfully shutting us up for the rest of the journey. 

[i love the drastic view difference between the first part of this fic and the second, like id click off too tbh]