Chapter 22

Eliza's POV

A low growl made its way from my throat as a group of about 25 rogues slowly started to emerge from the trees.

What the fuck are they doing here anyway?

Logan glanced at me worriedly and put me down. "Look at me," he said warily putting both hands on my shoulder, "right now I need you to run as fast as you can and find safety! Also, find Adam and tell him what's going on, he knows what to do"

I nodded quickly and ran toward the packhouse as fast as I could. Deep down I knew that I should be there by Logan's side to fight, but as the future Luna of this pack I knew that I had priorities

A minute later I busted through the pack doors yelling for Adam's name. In a second's time, he stood before me, a worried look spread over his face.

"What is it, Luna?"

"Rouges," I said breathlessly, "Lots of them." Adam's eyes widened and his face became stoic. "I'll gather the Warriors and go," he stated starting to walk away." Before he could get far I grabbed his arm and stood him dead in the eye, " Get your best fighters and send them over. Right now, what I want you to do is gather the pack and make sure they're somewhere safe.

Adam stared at me in shock and confusion, "But Luna, it is my duty to-" before he finished I let out a low growl of dominance, my wolf antsy to go help her mate. "You will do what I say, is that understood Beta?" He stared down in submission and nodded, "Yes Luna."

I smiled reassuringly before heading back to the Rouges, back to my mate. I decided that being in wolf form would help me get there faster. I quickly shifted and headed out, my white paws hitting the ground with each leap.

When I made it to the clearing, my eyes widened in shock at the situation around me the Rouges had seemed to double in size and came swarming around one wolf, Logan. He seemed to be holding his ground but I could tell he was starting to get tired. At least fifteen Rogues laid dead in a pile beside him, but the amount dead seemed to be replaced quickly with more Rogues.

For a split second my eyes connected with Logan's, his wolf giving me his full attention, wrong move. In split second a scrawny grey wolf jumped on his back, biting into his flesh deeply and taking out a large chunk of his shoulder.

Logan let out a roar of pain before flinging the wolf off of him. In seconds, an overwhelming feeling of rage coursed through my body. No one and I mean no one is allowed to harm my mate. My vision went red and I let out a low growl that caused the ground to shake.

For a split second the field went completely silent, the Rogues suddenly starting to realize my presence. And with that, I attacked.

The first one that came at me was a medium-sized wolf with red fur it attempted to jump on me but the second it leaped into the air, my teeth wrapped around its throat and snapped shut. Dead.

The second wolf tried to attack from behind, but my instincts kicked in and I quickly turned around, lunging my claws at its chest. In seconds my claws pierced through its heart, clawing the organ out of the wolf's body. Its heart laid bloodily at the ground as I looked at the wolf. Dead.

I must have momentarily blacked out because the next thing I knew was laying next to a pile of dead rogues, in my human form I may add, sweaty and covered in blood. It must have been at least 30 of them all torn apart and maimed.

Taking in a deep breath, I observed my surroundings. In front of me stood a shocked mate and about 20 warriors looking at me with there mouths wide open. What is wrong with them?

I furrowed my eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "What?" I asked innocently. Logan parted his mouth to speak but nothing seemed to come out. I looked at him weirdly before motioning him to spit it out.

"How...?" he started off slowly, "How the fuck did you do that?"

"Do what?"

"ELIZA, you just killed thirty wolves in a matter of two minutes with no help whatsoever. And to make matters even more confusing you killed half of them in your human form!" Well, that explains why I'm so bloody.

"Also," Logan continued, "Where the hell did you get a sword from?" Logan motioned towards something beside me.

My eyes followed to what he was pointing towards. And low and behold, there was a sword sitting right next to me. It had a gold handle and had swirls and marks embedded on the blade that were identical to the ones on my wolf.

"What the actual fuck is going on?!?"