→one←

7 years ago

- jeno pov

I just move from another city because of my mom's work. looks like I need to move to a new school too.

sigh, I don't like to be parted with my friends. wow! did I just say 'sigh' instead of sighing? how unreal of me.

whatever.

anyway, today is my first day at my new school. I need to make a good first impression. I feels excited and anticipated.

also, make friends, at least one. now, I'm nervous. I love to talk and make jokes, but I have troubles with talking with others that I'm not close. at my previous school, I was labelled as one of the 'please don't make any jokes' person.

it was hurt but I still can talk with others normally. why you may ask? because I'm not the only one labelled as that. our most famous person in school was one of us.

okay, back to the point.

I was walking behind my new homeroom teacher, heading to our class. as he walk through the class door, I followed him to the front of the class.

I hear the class whispered to each other, which i unfortunately heard them. they were praising and admiring over the student that was standing in front of them, which is me.

facing towards the now fully seated new classmates, the teacher inform them about me being a new transfer student. then, he ask me to introduce myself to the class. I nodded at him.

"h-hi, my name is lee jeno. you can call me, jeno. please take care of me." I introduce myself, stuttered. I look at each faces of my classmates.

I stopped at my track when I saw a girl sitting at the back of the class, head on her arm on the table.

I was snapped out of my thought when my teacher asks me to seat on an empty seat behind the class.

bowing slightly to him, I walk of to the assigned seat for me. it was beside the girl that I was looking just now, which I make out as a girl that was sleeping through the class.

"yah! jeon seri! you're sleeping again!"

the teacher suddenly shout, making all of us startled by the sudden voice.

except the girl sitting beside me.

she just peers through her face to look at the teacher but feeling like she was being stared from the side.

she turns to her right and was faced with me staring at her. noticing her looking at me, I smile at her.

her skin was light tanned instead of bright white, a black curly hair but something is off. the hair root was brown. she has a pair of hazel eyes too. wow, is that contact lenses or natural?

she raise an eyebrow looking at me.

- seri pov

I woke up due to a shouting and hearing my name was in the words.

I peer through my hand and was met by a fierce look from my teacher. I just look at him, not scared a bit since I'm already used to it.

but I feel weird though. I look to my right and was met with a new face.

sharp defined features, appealing cheekbones, eye smiles, a mole under the eye, rose lips and black hairs with a bang covering half of his eyes.

tsk, he looks like a girl. no offense.

noticing him staring at me, I raise my eyebrow. I saw him opening his mouth to say something. but it was cut off by the teacher.

"jeon seri, detention after class!"

I look at the teacher smirking. that's better, more times to sleep instead of club boring as hell activities. what's the function of it, though? we're still a middle school students, it's not like we're going to the university after graduating this school.

unfortunately, he saw me and smirk back and it's unusual. no, I don't think this means good.

"no, detention and give the new student a school tour." he says.

I look at him dumbfounded.

what??!! he assigned me to this bloody tiring task. what is this crazy man thinking??!! I'm not a tour guider.

"and jeno, if she didn't want to, do tell me. so I can give her a harder punishment." he continues, now towards the boy sitting next to me.

so he's a new student, huh? guess, he was kicked out from his previous school. I snickered at the words.

I look at the boy, named jeno, or whatever it is. he was still smiling but awkwardly.

okay, I could see that he's not the badass that got kicked out. he's a nerd that was bullied.

whatever, let me just went back to my sleep.

- jeno pov

I watch as seri put back her head on the table. drifting off to sleep again, I guess.

not even a hi?

looking at her frowning face when the teacher ask her to give me a tour and when she looks back at me, looks like I have been on someone's bad side.

I just shrugged off her attitude and proceed on looking to the front. focusing on what the teacher was teaching while writing something on the board.

time skips to lunch break,...

I close the book and put my stuffs under the table.

I remember about what the teacher said, so I walk to seri.

she is still sleeping. doesn't her head aching for sleeping for too long plus the hard table which makes it more uncomfortable?

"excuse me, seri-ssi," was what come out from my mouth as I tapped on her desk, but no moves. i continue with shaking her arms lightly.

she finally wake up and rubs her eyes. it's lowkey cute. she look up to me with a confused face. I smile at her.

"urm, you're supposed to show me around the school." I say. that makes her face turn into the annoyed one.

she went to shove her head on the table but I stopped her before it happens. "no, don't go to sleep. the teacher is going to ask me if you didn't show me around." I say, trying to get her to help me on my first day.

she look back to me shooting me a glare, as if they were saying 'do I care?'.

"I mean, isn't that supposed to be your task? he says if you didn't do it, then you're gonna clean the school garden for a week. isn't it more tiring than this?" I provoked her and she shoot me a death glare.

then she stood up from her seat. she walks straight to the back door. I look at her.

where is she going?

she look back at me, "aren't you coming?" she asks.

"oh"

I nodded and walk to her, showing my right palm towards her. she looks at it and then to me back and forth.

"high five. it's my style of peace sign."