→three←

- jeno pov

I walk to the school and went straight to my class. I greet some of my classmates since it's still early.

after a while, the class back door was opened. I smile when I see the person.

"good morning, seri!" I say happily while bringing my right hand up. she walk to her seat and stop right beside my left.

she look at me and my hand, just like that day. it's been three days I'm here but she never talk to me after that day.

hurt by her not opening up, I bring my hand down but thing happen after it makes me shocked.

I look at my hand. there placed seri's right hand, palm on palm.

I look at her.

"what?" I ask her confused. she rolled her eyes.

"you told me that this is your style of peace sign. so, here it is." she says. I was too shocked that I couldn't say anything. she look at me and says.

"if you don't want it, it's–"

"does this mean, I'm your friend??!!" I cut her off. she blushed.

"well, if you want." she says trying to take back her hand, but I instantly hold it.

"yeay, seri wants to be friend with me! I got a new friend!!" I exclaimed excitedly which attracts the attention of others.

I look at them and mutter a sorry. I look back at her. she was face palming herself and was now seated on her chair.

"I regret my decision." she says trying to take back her hand that was still on my grip.

"hehe, don't be. I'm sorry, friend." I grinned at her while letting go of her hand. she just rolled her eyes but carve a little smile afterwards.

class started and she didn't sleep through the class anymore. lately, she didn't sleep through the class as much as like my first day here. just a few classes that others would be sleeping through too.

I think she's too tired that day, that's why. anyway, it's good for her and I'm happy for that.

lunch break,...

I pulled out my lunch box and put it on my desk. I look at seri, she's eating sandwich.

"seri-ah! why are you always eating sandwich? it's not enough to keep you energetic through the day." I ask. she look at me.

"it's better than nothing." she answered shortly. I shook my head.

I place some of my kimbap on my lunch box lid and put it on her table. she look at me weirdly.

"what is this?"

"kimbap. don't you know kimbap?" I ask her.

"no. I mean, why did you put it here?"

"oh, I want to give it you."

"why would you?"

"don't friends share foods?" I ask her back.

"I don't know. do they?"

"I think they do, don't you think so?"

"I think so. but, really?"

"okay, are we going to keep on arguing until the lunch break finish and didn't get to eat?" I ask her.

"yeah, you're right." with that she continues to eat her sandwich while I eat my kimbap. finish eating, I look at her. she finished eating, but left the kimbap untouched.

"why aren't you eating it?" I ask her. she looks at me. she shook her head. my turn to roll my eyes. I take one of it and put it in front of her mouth. "ah~" she shook her head.

"gosh, you really are a stubborn one." I say making her upset.

"what??!! I'm not stu–"

I cut her off by putting the food in her mouth before she could even finish her words. she chews it, a hint of red crept on her cheek.

I laugh at the view making her shot a glare on me. I just laugh it off.

"do you want to eat by yourself or do you want me to feed you again?" I ask her. she didn't answer but blushed harder.

"okay, I will feed you again." I say trying to take the food but she took it and put it into her mouth before I could do it.

I just laughed at her reaction. she's cute.

- seri pov

this kid, really.

he really loves to tease me. this is only our first day being friend but he's acting like it have been a long time.

he's like a kid.

but, does he really want to be my friend for real?

- jeno pov

lunch break finish and the class slowly start to be filled by students.

time skip to the end of the school day,...

seri walk out of the class and I try to catch her.

"are you going to go to work?" I ask her and she nods.

"can I tag along?" she look at me, and says, "whatever but don't expect me to play with you."

with that, we walk to the convenience store and I greet the other guy.

"oh, you? seri's friend." he says. I smile, "sorry, I ran off that day. my name is lee jeno. nice to meet you."

"oh, hi. my name is kim dongyoung, call me doyoung." he says and ask me what am I doing here. I answer him by saying that I'm just tagging along seri since I don't think that I can make any friend here.

I walk to the table that was actually used for customers to eat, and I sit on a stool. doing my homework.

days passed,and that's what I would be doing everyday after school even in weekend. staying with seri.

sometimes, seri would walk to me and ask if I'm okay or anything. that's when I realized that she is actually a very nice and caring person.

"seri, can I ask you something?" I start one day and she hums in response.

"why are you working when you are still a middle schooler?" I ask and she look up at me. surprised by my sudden question. feeling guilty, I apologize to her.

"I'm sorry for asking. you don't have to answer it if you don't want."

- seri pov

I think it's time for him to know.

- jeno pov

"I'm an orphan and poor." she says, eyes looking away. I look at her.

"seri, I'm sorry–"

"no. I think you deserve to know about me."