→last←

- jeno pov

"so, can we meet later? I have something to tell you." ask me to the person on the other side of the line.

"okay. I'll see you at the cafe. bye." with that, I hung up. putting my phone back to my pocket. walking out from the class with jaemin and mirae-noona, a photographer in training. she's also working at the cafe.

I walk beside jaemin but the nervous I was feeling was so uncomfortable. jaemin notice that and he laughs then nudges me. I look at him.

"good luck, jen." he says while holding a smile on his face.

"thanks jaem." I reply. trying to smile but couldn't. jaemin knows about it so he just pats my back and we all walk together to the cafe.

it's time. wish me luck

.

I walk along the street. making my way to the promised location.

my hand was getting sweaty as I'm getting more nervous every passing seconds. as I arrive at the door of the cafe, I turn to the other two.

"you guys go first. I'll wait for seri." I say and mirae-noona nods while jaemin holding two thumbs up towards me. they then walk in together.

I wait outside for like around five minutes until I saw her figure walking towards the cafe.

"seri-ah!" I call her. she saw me and give me a smile.

"jeno-yah!" she run up to me and we high five. "what is it that you want to tell me?" ask her.

"should we order some drink first?" ask me and she nodded.

we enter the cafe and took a seat at the very corner of the cafe. I'm getting very nervous right now.

the drinks then came and seri took a sip of it.

"so?" she asks.

i stay silent for a few seconds and spoke up.

"you know, i still can't get on with the fact that your birth father is english." i stated making her let out a chuckle.

"gosh, jeno. i told you about that almost three years now." she says in between her chuckle.

"i mean, the first time i saw you, i noticed how your hair root wasn't black and your eyes were hazel. I'm still stunned with your look until now." she laughs again.

"well, I'll take that as compliment. but I'm 100% sure that wasn't what you wanna talk about."

i grinned while scratching the back of my head. looking down to my lap, not daring to make an eye contact with her.

"jeno? is something wrong?" she asks. i shook my head.

"well,... seri,.." i trail off.

"yes, jeno?"

"since the first time i saw you, i could see that you are different from others, i mean, in a good way.

you may seem as a quiet kid or whatever in school, but you prove it wrong by agreeing to be my friend.

starting then, I'm always looking up on you, despite the condition you are in. you're the most strong girl i ever met. and I'm more than proud to be your friend," i raise my head to look at her face. she had been paying attention to what i was talking about.

"well,... I don't know how you do this but,..."

deep breath..

"i like you, jeon seri."

............

"i'm sorry, jeno."

i try to smile.

"w-what are you sorry for?" ask me.

"i really really like you, but as a friend. I'm sorry but I can't return your feeling. i-i like someone else." she says looking down.

by now, I'm sure i feel a hot water falling down my cheeks. i look down to my lap again.

we were wrapped in silence for a moment. none of us were trying to say anything. until i decided to ask her a question.

" is it that hendery guy?" she was taken by surprise but still nodded. i follow her gesture and look back down again.

"he's a nice guy. a funny one to top that. you guys suited each other." voice me out.

even though my feeling was rejected, I'm quite glad that it was hendery. and I'm sure he likes seri too.

i can only wish the best for them, since that's the best for seri. i accept that. i need to.

"i wish you guys the best." i say and stood up wanting to leave the cafe. taking all my stuffs.

not until i felt a grip on my wrist. i look at the owner of the hand.

"no more high five,...?"

i just smile at her. moving her grip from my wrist and moving it to stick our palms together.

"of course, there will always be.

it's our peace sign after all."

the end

thank you a lot for staying with me until here. i know the ending is a flop since this is the second time i ever wrote an ending.

and i maybe will publish a bonus chap or anything like that, if I'm not lazy. I'll try my best, if anyone want to.

but I'll still publish it soon.

do check out my other short dream series and other ff in my acc.

and again, thank you for reading, voting and comments in this story.

i wuv yu~

- lya