→five←

present day...

- jeno pov

"seri, are you free this lunch?" I ask while looking over to the person beside me, whose writing down what the lecturer was talking.

"sorry, jeno. our delivery guy took a day off, so our barista need to take his place, and I'm taking hers." she says without even glancing at me.

I pout at her answer and look back at our lecturer.

here we are, the transfer boy and his only friend.

let me explain this shortly. we went to the same middle and high school and now we're here at the same college.

but different courses. she's majoring business and I'm majoring performance art.

seri has been working since then but many kinds of work. back then, it was at the convenience store with doyoung-hyung.

hey, guess what? doyoung-hyung also had went to the same schools as we went. this college too. most importantly, he's actually working to help seri. he also always participate in charity campaign.

how do I know that? jaemin, of course! I know jaemin and the boys from our last year of middle school. that was when we auditioned for a school dance competition.

and now, doyoung-hyung has successfully opened a cafe.

neo cafe.

yes, that's his. he's the owner. and seri is now working there.

the end.

no, not yet!!!

well,....

I didn't tell you the most important thing yet.

I,..

I like seri.

*blushing*

i-i don't know how, when, and why, but I just found out.

she's my only friend since then, not to say the only girl friend I ever have.

seeing her smile, makes me get those giddy feeling all over. don't wanna talk when she's laughing, when she's making those cute face when she's annoyed.

gosh, I should stop now.

"EaRtH tO jEnOoO!!!"

someone shouted to my ear. I look to my side.

"what?" I ask her dumbly and she facepalm herself.

"boy, you sure were spaced out. look, the class had finished." she says and I look around, the room was almost empty.

"hehe," I grin to her and she roll her eyes. standing up, I pack my stuffs and put it in my bag. after that, we walked out of the room.

seri went to her right and I followed her. she stops and I stop. she look at me.

"where are you going? your next class is photography, isn't it?" she asks me. I nod at the question.

"then, why are you following me? your building is on the left." she continues. I smiled at her.

"I want to send you, I'm going to make sure you arrive to your class safely. no fvckboi can get near you." I say and she just laugh it off and walk.

I guess, she's already used to me being overprotective. we walk and when we're near, I stop on my track and just watch her walk into the class.

not without a high five.

after making sure she arrives safely, I jog to my next class.

photography class at the animation and visual building.

jaemin ask me to take this class. it's better than art class which renjun ask me to join him.

it's not because I don't want to be with injun. I want to, but,... I'm not talented in art like him. so, the least is going to photography after being forced by that aegyo master.

he didn't stop making that aegyo even after I agreed to join him. ugh, remind me how am I related to him.

as I almost arrive, I saw a bike outside of the building, with doyoung-hyung's cafe logo.

I ignored it and proceed on going to my class. not wanting to make jaemin wait any longer.

I saw his figure on the corridor holding his left chest.

huh? interesting.

a nice chance on scaring him.

"yAh!!" i yell on his ears. he was startled and turns around only to greet me with a punch directed on my arm.

"ouch! that hurts!" i says while giving him smile. he pouts at my reaction.

"lee jeno! whatdoyouthinkyouaredoing, whyareyoulate, areyouokay?" he says fastly in that voice he would use whenever he's scolding us. i laugh.

"dude, slow down. one by one." i say making him sighs.

"are you okay?" he ask as he rubs my arm that was hit by him with his palm. trying to reduce the pain, as if it was working.

"no, you hit me too hard." I reply jokingly. he just snickered at my reply, proceeding with the next question.

"why are you late?"

"oh, I send seri to her class." he once voice out his thought about me and seri. he's still wondering how do we manage to be best friend after all these years.

well, I was thinking about that all the time too. does she have a feeling for me?

we walk through the door and towards the sit on the middle. "seri sure is a lucky person to have a guy to be her bodyguard. when is she going to make you her boyfriend, though?" jaemin says.

i just smile at his words. he starts tease me so hard as my ears started to turn red until our long awaited professor came in.

thank god, I love u, sir. I promise I'll do my best for your class from now on.

jaemin look at me with that knowing look.

'the game still hasn't finished yet, jeno.' was what jaemin is thinking right now. huh, I know it.