Chapter One

Introductions

"(Y/N)! I hope you're ready because I'm leaving in five minutes, with or without you!"

You heard Sasuke's voice echo throughout the ill-quiet house as you combed your (h/l) hair in the washroom, attempting to tame your bed-head into a ponytail. You hum in response to your brother's empty threats to leave without you as you remove the (f/c) hair tie from your mouth. After a twenty-minute struggle, you quickly, and neatly, wrap the band around your hair to your liking. Your locks were getting longer, therefore making your hair harder to maintain. But you began to take a liking to the length of your (h/c) hair, even if Sasuke tells you to cut it since it can be used as a weakness in battle.

You smile nervously into the bathroom mirror and let out the jittery breath you have been suppressing all morning. You had no time to be wasting on nerves. Today marks one of the biggest days in your whole sixteen-year-old existence. Not only is Sasuke setting you free into society, but he is allowing you to train alongside new potential teammates and a brand-new sensei. You were exhilarated for sure, but at the same time nervous and petrified. These negative feelings were not only for yourself, but for your brother Sasuke as well.

Ever since your eldest brother Itachi slaughtered your clan, and by fault your entire family, it has been you and Sasuke alone to fend for one another. Sasuke was never the type to be considerate of others, but something in his character changed upon seeing the horrors of that day. As you grew older, he began to be very protective over you and cold towards those who even attempted to go near you. He made sure that only a limited amount of people knew of your existence, such as the late Hokage Minato, the current Lady Hogake, and specific members of the jōnin council. Sasuke feared that if word got around that you were the last young living female Uchiha, it would put a target on your back for assassins and other clans. Not to mention that the society within the village might ridicule you for merely being an Uchiha, not caring about all you have had to endure from what has happened to your family that was the cause of the loss of your childhood innocence. Therefore, Sasuke made it damn clear to you that you were never to leave the house under any circumstances. You knew back then he would never forgive himself if something unnerving happened to you.

Despite the trauma and loneliness, you and Sasuke have done an excellent job of raising one another. Although Sasuke did not want you to leave home, he allowed himself to go to the academy, graduate, and become a genin-rank [now chuunin] shinobi alongside his teammates who are unknown to you. However, you couldn't degrade yourself since you were currently a chuuni-rank shinobi as well. You have been training with Sasuke since you were a five-year-old little girl. He has been your first sensei and was able to use his connections to get you private lessons to graduate from the academy, take the genin exams, and [recently] the chuunin exams. You were an official chuunin-class shinobi, but the title meant nothing to you if you were unable to prove your abilities on the battlefield. And that is not even mentioning the fact that you have yet to obtain a headband as per your brother's request. No matter how many times you mention the matter, Sasuke's always responds the same way by reassuring you that you were more powerful than most shinobi's and that you led yourself to believe you were lesser than you are.

Having your innocence destroyed alongside your sibling has brought you both together. Where there once stood a cold and undermining older brother was now one that was willing to help you in your journey to be a shinobi. And because of this, you now knew Sasuke like you knew your own mind. Whether he knew it or not, you and he were one another's family, best friend, and teacher. He taught you the secrets of combat, jutsu, and chakra and, in turn, Sasuke claims that you showed him patience, compassion, love, kindness, forgiveness, and how to cook hearty meals.