Chapter Two

Fighting 

A few weeks had passed since you joined Team Seven. You have been able to train and socialize with its members, and you have taken a liking to your new-found friends.

Naruto Uzumaki is a bubbly, idiotic yet lovable, burst of powerful energy with dreams of becoming a Hokage. Sparring with him proved to be a challenge, but you were able to hold your own despite your differences. He certainly was powerful, but you could tell that he was more careful in his sparring matches with you, holding back on his strength when it comes to certain attacks. Not even your brother Sasuke did that for you. You wish he wouldn't go so easy on you because then you won't get to test your own limits. Other than that, you have come to love his humor, and you find yourself laughing every time he teases Sasuke or gets into a quarrel with Sakura. There is no doubt in your mind that this kid will end up being a great Hokage.

Sakura Haruno was a bit rude and snappy at times, especially towards you and Naruto, but she did have her pleasant moments. She too is very powerful shinobi. Although, she did admit to you privately that you outrank her when it comes to jutsu and chakra control. You also found out that Sakura has a crush and obsession with your brother. She is always trying to ask you questions about him and tries to make frequent flirtatious advances on Sasuke, which makes you uncomfortable. Sasuke never pays any mind to her, which makes you think that he either doesn't notice or simply doesn't care. Knowing him, he was probably doing both.

Finally, there was your sensei, Kakashi Hatake. He was no joke when it came to strength and abilities and a complete joke when it came to everything else. When he isn't nose-deep into a book, he is pushing everyone on Team Seven to their limits. Not that his rigorous training methods haven't worked, since you have seen an improvement in your movements and techniques, but they sure leave you sore and exhausted. The most you know about your new sensei is that he is powerful and he fights not for honor, but to protect. Kakashi also has a good, but at times lewd, sense of humor. The number of times Sasuke has had to cover your ears was already too many to count. You aren't sure anyone else could pick up on it, but you realized that Kakashi cared a lot about his students, and that had become one of the things you admired most about your sensei. He always reminds everyone to eat properly and get an adequate amount of sleep. Not to mention the abundant amount of praising he directs towards you and your teammates. Despite knowing the essential and frivolous things about your sensei, you knew that he was hiding more under the surface, and you weren't just talking about what lies beneath that mask. Apparently, ever since you've shown up, sensei has been more relaxed and punctual, two things he hasn't been since Team Seven first started. You longed to learn more about the mysterious Kakashi, but you had no time to think about those types of mysteries right now.

Currently, you were doing a one-on-one session with Kakashi. Although it's been a challenging and tedious process, you were finally able to perform lightning ninjutsu. Techniques such as chidorin, kirin, and black lightning came easy with sensei's guidance, but others such as the lightning blade, lighting shadow clones, and Indra's arrow were proving to be troublesome.

"You've performed Indra's arrow before, (y/n). It shouldn't be too difficult this time around."

You attempt to do the hand signals, only to fail and get your fingers intertwined with one another.

'Last time I performed Indra's arrow, I was using my sharingan, which gives me the capability to mimic other's moves. This time I have to figure it out by myself. It shouldn't be tough, but it is.'

Kakashi-sensei, who looked like he was getting tired of watching you struggle, went up behind you and grabbed your hands to place them into his. The sudden movement made you squeak in surprise and you, timidly, looked down to see sensei slowing showing you the patterns and signs your hands should be in. Although you wanted to concentrate, the only thing your mind was able to focus itself on was his touch. Though the thickness of his fingerless gloves, you felt Kakashi's hands radiate with warmth, it was almost comforting. You electricity sparked viciously throughout your body, and it wasn't from the jutsu.