Chapter Six

Awakening 

Your body was heavy, and your eyes burned from the blinding, shining white light from above you.

"Mgh?" You croaked, rubbing your eyes trying to adjust to your mysterious surroundings. Your body stiffened as you sat upwards. A soft and squeaky quiver pondered out from your mouth upon feeling a sharp pain run on the upside of your spine.

'What happened?'

Suddenly, memories from the last mission flooded your head. You relived everything.

Killing the man.

Confronting Kakashi.

Falling from the mountain.

The face of your friends and brother as you tried to reach for them the moment you began to plummet.

"I fell," You wrapped your arms tightly around your trembling body as you attempted to console yourself. "I fell over one-hundred feet from the air. How am I still alive? I should be dead, shouldn't I?"

You then look down at your arms, twisting them around, baffled that you didn't see a single scar or bruise in sight.

'I was covered in cuts and bruises from the trees! I know I was! Where are they?'

You then took the opportunity to finally look around the room. Your lower body was wrapped in linen and cream-colored blankets. You were wearing a dark blue t-shirt with the Uchiha clan symbol on the front. You recognized the piece of clothing as Sasuke's old shirt from when he was younger.

"Sasuke! Where are you? Where am I?"

You look to your left, expecting to see the sitting face of your brother, but instead, there was the masked face of your sensei.

"S-sensei?"

Although you said his name, his eye remained closed and the lack of response made you realize he was asleep.

"You're awake," You jerked your shoulders upwards in surprise as a woman dressed in white walked to be at your right bedside. "Are you all, right? Any head or back pain?"

"Y-yes, back pain actually," She hummed and wrote something down on to the clipboard she was holding. "Um, I'm sorry, this is going to come as a weird question, but do you mind telling me where I am?"

The woman gave you a confused look and giggled pitifully into her hand, staring back at you with a saddened gaze. "Oh, you're at the hospital dear. Your brother and your teacher brought you here about a week ago. You've been unconscious since then, but you have recovered beautifully. If you're lucky enough, you can go home tomorrow."

'Hospital? I haven't been to one of these facilities since I fell for the first time!'

All you were able to muster was a nod. Everything felt strange, the fact that you were alive and in a place like this was frightening. And Sasuke was nowhere to be found to support you.

"(Y/n)?"

You turned your head to your left to see Kakashi awake and alert. Before you could even respond, Kakashi's arms wrapped tightly around you, trapping your waist protectively. Even though it was painful to do so you put your arms around his back, pulling him closer to you.

You've hugged Kakashi in the past, but you've never touched him in this manner before. It felt intimate, loving.

"You don't know how happy I am to know that you're awake. I was beginning to worry that you would never wake up," Kakashi moved his hand towards the back of your head as he softly pushed himself closer to you. "But that doesn't matter now, because you're here, with me."

Sasuke's Sister || Kakashi x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara