VII.

----
Smokescreen was pinned to the ground on his knee plates unable to move nor blink. Energon was literally everywhere and now he knew from where. There was a corpse in front of him, but it wasn't just some corpse. It was his older brother. Toren apart, his limbs toren from his body. Energon was covering his planting. 

"Sunny." Smokescreen finaly gasped and leaned over to his brother's body still kneeling down. He gently touched Sunstreaker's helm to be sure it's real or just his fantasy or just a bad joke. Coolant leaked from his optics freely, he didn't even try to hold it back. Quickly he pulled back holding tightly his servo with which he touched his brother. "This can't be true..." he sobbed heavily before hunging down his helm. 

Ratchet walked up to him carefully and laid a servo on his shoulder plate. He could feel Smokescreen shaking. "Smokescreen, I'm sorry." he whispered loud enough for Smokescreen to hear, not like he listened. Elder doctor half knelt with his servo still on youngling's shoulder plate. He didn't even expect Smokescreen to sharply turn around and hid in his chassis. Ratchet didn't pull him away like he usualy would, instead of that he wrapped his servos around young bot and let him cry on his chassis. He felt horrible for Smokescreen, he met his brothers after such a long time and now is one of them dead, coldbloodly murdered. And Sideswipe is missing.

When rest of bots decided to come closer, they immiadetly realized it was not such a good idea. Smell of weathered energon was worse than smell of blood. Bumblebee immiadetly backed away for a few steps and rest of autobots tryed to shrug that terrible smell. Optimus came right next to Smokescreen and Ratchet. He half knelt on other side of Smokescreen and laid a servo on his back without any word. Through the touch he could feel Smokescreen shaking hard. Leader looked over at medic who had crushed look in his face. 

"We should clean this up and give him proper funeral." Prime decided after a while and stood up again. That was the second when Smokescreen finaly looked at him, that look made Prime froze in place. He didn't see look like that for a long time and wished he wouldn't see it again. "He didn't deserve this." Smokescreen whispered loud enough for two other bots to hear before he broke down into tears once again now fully unable to do something else.

Optimus, with help of Bulkhead, transported Sunstreaker's dismantled body back to base. They were followed by rest of autobots. Ratchet drove slowly next to Smokescreen who drove very slowly. "Smokescreen, I can't even imagine your pain but I think you would like to arrive there before the sunset." medic suddenly said in soft tone. Smokescreen tryed to drive faster but it wasn't much faster. He didn't feel like driving any faster.

Back on base everyone were quiet especialy when Smokescreen arrived, he went directly up where Prime and Bulkhead were preparing place for him, he needed to see his brother. Smokescreen knelt to him and scanned his brother's face plates, he had no scratch on them, his helm was untouched, but rest of his body was in so bad shape so he had hard time recognizing each part of him. 

His jaw started to shake as he opened it to speak. "Sunny... I never had a chance to... To tell you how much everything you've done for us meant to me. How you... How you sacrifised yourself for me and Sideswipe. I..." he bowed to his brother and touched Sunstreaker's forehead plate with his. "Please no..." he whispered and shook forcefully. Bulkhead gently pulled him away from his brother's corpse and led him downstairs to get some rest. 

But he didn't fall into recharge, he was too shaken to. His oldest brother is dead and he wasn't able to stop it. He sat in his berthroom shaking uncontrolably. Bulkhead sat beside him with a servo wrapped around mourning youngling. There was a tense silence between them untill Smokescreen started to talk. "He was a good bot, Bulk... He was... He was the best eldest brother I or Sideswipe could ever ask for... He risked his spark for us so many times... I... Why?!" he yelled at the end and more drops of coolant filled his optics.

Suddenly the door to the room opened revealing Bumblebee behind them. °It's time.° he said with shadow over his optics. Bulkhead nodded and helped Smokescreen to stand up and walk out of his dark room. Bumblebee wanted to help but Bulkhead shook his helm silently telling him not to make it worse for younger bot. Slowly they got above the base. Everyone was there. Team Prime, children and even agent Fowler.

Smokescreen didn't feel good, he felt like he's going to fall apart when everyone looked at him. He didn't want anyone to look at him to tell him how sorry they are, because he didn't care. His brother was gone and there was nothing that could bring him back.

With help of Bulkhead he walked up to Optimus who already buried Sunstreaker's corpse. He laid a servo on Smokescreen's shoulder plate and squeezed a bit. Smokescreen didn't try to hold back the coolant anymore and cryed freely. Not long after his legs bucked under him and young autobot fell on his knee plates.

Noone said a word, children silently cryed as well, but otherwise they stayed silent. Not even Optimus spoke to say something like he usualy did, it was not right time to speak.

Slowly everyone started to leave, three guardians took three children downstairs. Then Ratchet left with agent Fowler and Bulkhead. Optimus stayed a little longer to support Smokescreen if he needed to. But was replaced by Arcee who returned, as femme she could support broken bot better than Prime could. She half knelt to Smokescreen and slid her digits along his cheek wipping away the coolant in process.

Smokescreen looked at her for a while untill his gaze got locked to the ground and his servos digged to the ground to support his weight. Soon he had none coolant to cry and only stared at Sunstreaker's grave. Arcee stayed with him untill he himself wanted to leave. His steps were uneasy and shaky. Arcee walked next to his to the elevator and went back down with him. "You should get some rest." she said but Smokescreen shook his helm. "I can't... I'm too..." no other words came out.
---

This part is super awkward... But big twist is coming.