Part 1

"Whew!" heaved Evangeline Stargust as she stood in the doorway of Spring Gardens University, dormitory lobby. Evangeline had had an eventful and exciting day and was now very tired and just wanted to rest until she had to go to dinner in the super hall.

Evangeline had gotten into the school of her dreams, the school everyone wanted to go but didn't have although money or grades or interests. Just a few months ago Evangeline had gotten the letter she'd been accepted into Spring Gardens University and cried happy tears! But she'd deserved it! Evangeline had many interests like playing the Violin, horseback riding, and writing stories. Her grades were a little bit above average too. The real story behind it was that Evangeline at first didn't want to go to Spring Garden University. She wanted to go to an average school she knew she'd get into. Evangeline had wanted to go to Littlewood University, (a college that most of her friends were going to and was a great school).

But Evangeline soon found out that the school everyone wanted to go to (Spring Gardens) was offering a scholarship to her if she would play in the band or ride their horses and participate in shows. Evangeline didn't want to have to choose between two of her interest she loved so dearly. But she had to choose one. And the other she could take classes on but won't get to have amazing opportunities.

It was a very tough choice for Evangeline but she had chosen to play in the band as a Clarinetist. She'd played the Clarinet since she was in middle school and wanted to keep at it. Though Evangeline had been riding horses for almost the same time, she'd promise herself that she would take horseback riding classes at Spring Gardens but only be in a show once a year.

That had been the hardest decision Evangeline have ever made but she shook off the memory.

Evangeline couldn't wait to meet her roommate! This roommate was supposed to become instant friends with you since you share a room with them. She could just picture a beautiful girl now! A girl she could share her secrets with and be like a sister too!

Evangeline was an only child so she didn't have anyone to look up to or talk to. Her relationship with her parents was a shaky one, one night they were screaming at each other and slamming doors, the next day they were hugging each other. It was a complex relationship.

Finally, after probably standing the doorway of her college's dormitory lobby for a million years and looking like she was frozen in time, Evangeline walked up to the check-in counter with a smile on her face.

"Room number?" An old woman said behind the counter with pearl reading glasses and a frown on her face.

Evangeline shuffled with all her bags and pulled out from under her arm a paper they had given her telling which room number she was in.

"Number 33!" Evangeline said, cheerily taking the key the old woman had in her then hands.

Evangeline bounded up the stairs clearly excited again.

She fast-walked down the lush white carpet floor, straightening her yellow polka-dot jumpsuit and making sure her stylish ankle boots were clean and extra stylish.

With shaky fingers, Evangeline tugged at her single black braid down her back making sure it was straight.

Finally, she opened the door to room number 33.

Evangeline dropped all her bags right in the middle of the doorway in shock like they were heavy stones.