Part 2

Evangeline had dropped her bags in shock because right in the middle of her doom room was a boy.

No way, no, no, no! Evangeline thought to herself dumbfounded.

A boy who was jamming out to music that was blaring from his earbuds.

She knocked on the opened door hoping it was loud enough so the boy could hear.

He did.

The boy turned around and for a split second had fear in his eyes then laughed.

"At first I thought you were my roommate but that's impossible! They put girls with girls and boys with boys. Don't worry my roommate will be here soon. Are you his girlfriend?" Griffin asked, clearly not thinking the impossible.

"Umm, I am your roommate," Evangeline said, crossing her arms and frowning trying to blush.

"They must have made a mistake or I heard wrong. They don't do that." The boy said in front of Evangeline and frowned. Griffin ripped his earbuds out of his ears and sank onto his bed in the far corner.

Their room was a medium-sized room with two beds each on opposite walls and two desks. They also each had a dresser to put their clothes in and both had a closet.

"I'm afraid you didn't hear wrong, maybe I can go ask the old lady at the check-in counter if I could move rooms." Evangeline offered, already sprinting down the hall and down the stairs. When she reached the counter the old lady that had been there was long gone.

Evangeline huffed and stomped back upstairs to tell Griffin.

She could hear girls and boys in different rooms laughing together, settling in. Evangeline longed to have a girl roommate but it seemed she didn't have one.

"So what did she say?" Griffin asked, hopefully.

"That old hag wasn't there and neither was anyone," Evangeline said half-disappointed.

"Whatever," Griffin said about to stuff his earbuds back into his ears but stopped.

"Do I know you? What's your name?" Griffin quizzes Evangeline.

"Oh, I'm sure you do. My name is Evangeline but call me Evie. We went to the same middle school but not the same high school." Evangeline said and sighed, more tired than ever from what had just happened.

"Hhmmm.... Oh yeah your friend, Jennifer I think it was, told me you liked me in 7th grade!" Griffin said laughing again.

"We were all so stupid back then but now look at me. I'm in college! Take that brother!"

Griffin said, chuckling and put his hands behind his head.

It was true, Evangeline had had a very different relationship with Griffin. More like an encounter. She'd had a crush on him back in middle school and never lived it down. She had written letters to him but hid them in a birthday bag in her closet at home.

Evangeline blushed, surprised Griffin sort of remembered her. Evangeline had never said a word to the most popular and handsome boy in their middle school before today. She'd dreamed stupidly what she'd say to Griffin when she met him. She'd been so shy to tell Griffin herself that she had a crush on him so she had sent one of her friends to do it.

Evangeline had remembered what Jennifer had come back and told her: "He just said, Oh, and walked off."

But that was when they were young. Evangeline was practically an adult and wasn't shy around boys she liked.

But this boy was different, Evangeline had that butterfly feeling whenever she even looked at Griffin. She couldn't believe she had just talked to Griffin! And she most certainly couldn't believe they would spend the night together in a room by themselves!

Again, Evangeline squashed the thought down, scolding herself to stop thinking like a crazy loon.

Evangeline couldn't help herself so she looked over at Griffin's vigorous tan biceps. She blushed again expecting Griffin to look over at Evangeline like she was crazy but he was lost into the world of music.

Just like Evangeline was lost in the world of old memories.