Part 6

It turned out that Evangelie and Griffin had first period, science, together.

And were lab partners.

"On the first day of college we are dissecting chicken wings, fun," Griffin said, sarcastically.

Evangeline wasn't in the mood for jokes, especially after what had happened. She was sure she wasn't going to be able to sleep tonight.

"Evie, I would snap out of your daze and look at what your about to do."

Evangeline did and realized instead of dissecting the stupid chicken wing she was going to dissect her finger.

"Here, you do it then," Evangeline said with a fake smile on her face as Griffin put gloves on and scrunched up his nose.

Instead of filling out the half-filled in assignment paper of the chicken wing, she decided to people watch.

There teacher, Mr. Gallows, had his reading glasses down his nose and was snoring.

Eww, Evangeline though as she noticed that the science teacher was also drooling and had snot coming out of his left nostril.

Half of the class was doing the chicken wing dissection and the other half was either, asleep like Mr. Gallows, talking or playing with their chicken wing.

Bam!

The science class door slammed open, so loud and sudden it felt like the whole class jumped in their seats. Like when the fire alarm went off unexpectedly.

"Mr. Gallows!" The headmaster half yelled in that crisp, hard voice Evangeline heard over the phone.

"What-fire Alam kids," The middle-aged science teacher snorted awake and said groggily.

It looked like Mrs. Channing was about to lose her cool but snapped back to her usual, mean face.

The headmaster of Spring Gardens University was beautiful, in some ways. She had a very slender body shape with short curled chocolate brown hair, just like her son's, Griffin, and matching brown eyes also like her son's. Mrs. Channing was wearing a tight white dress too.

But instead of having rich, Bambi brown eyes like Griffin's, the headmaster had beady cat-like eyes.

"I need Griffin and Ms. Stargust in my office, now." Mrs. Channing said, hurrying out of Mr. Gallow's classroom, clearly not wanting to look at the chicken wings and be in the presence of Mr. Gallows.

Mr. Gallows was a laid back teacher who was fun at times but mostly liked to sleep.

Evangeline and Griffin speed-walked to catch up with the headmaster.

Mrs. Channing's white heels clicking and clacking on the marble floor made Evangeline nervous. She had never been in trouble before and didn't want to start.

She pulled at her ponytail which she hoped wasn't fizzy and messy.

Evangeline also smoothed her light blue outfit and checked if she had any dirt in her toes in the brown sandals.

She didn't.

How is Griffin so calm! Evangeline thought as she spied on Griffin.

He had confidence in his step and his face looked as calm as a lake with no boats on it. The only thing loose was his floppy brown hair, bouncy each time Griffin stepped.

Finally, after endless walking, the trio had reached Mrs. Channing's office.

Evangeline had imagined on the walk here that the headmaster's office would look creepy with blood on the walls from other kids tortures but, surprisingly it was a polished black room with a polished black desk in the corner.