1.1 | girlfriend

LEE NARI

jaehyun left right before taeyong got home. "heeeey." i say cautiously as my brother enters the living room. "i'm not going to tell you to stop seeing jaehyun, but i want you to." taeyong sits down next to me. "why?" i ask curiously.

"jaehyun,,, has a girlfriend." he tells me. "w-what?" i stutter. "her name's ara. we don't go to school with her. i'm not going to tell you what to do because it's your choice, but i really hope you do make the right one." he says.

"thank you, taeyong. good thing i never liked jaehyun. haha yeah.." i trail off. i try to convince myself that i've never had feelings for the boy. "i'm sorry."

my brother rests his hand on my shoulder. "i don't know what to feel." i say. we sit in silence until taeyong gets up to leave. "can i sleep in your room tonight? my room is still drying." i ask him. "yeah, of course." he responds with a smile.

normally he would have said no, considering all the guest rooms we have and i wouldn't have asked but, i really wanted the company. i grab my phone and called johnny. tears start to fall down my face, "d-did you know?" i ask once he answered. "nari? are you okay? know what?" he begins to say.

"that jaehyun has a girlfriend?" i say and he sighs. "no, i didn't know. he told me they broke up, nari. i would have never let him snap you if i knew they were together. i'm so sorry." johnny apologizes.

"it's okay. i wasn't even really that into him." i try to convince not only him, but myself aswell. "you sure?" he asks and i nod, only to realize he can't see me. "yeah, i'm sure."

after our phone call, i aimlessly walk around the house. i genuinely felt too weak to do anything. i wasn't crying anymore. i don't know how i'm feeling. i'm so angry with jaehyun. why didn't he tell me? why would he flirt with me so much? why would he lead me on like this?

my mind continued to fill with questions like this until the door rings. i open it to be met with johnny and a grocery bag in his hand. "i brought ice cream!" he exclaims and pushes me out of the doorway so he can enter.

"why are you here?" i ask him. "i'm staying the night. you need to have a good time!" he says and taeyong comes down the stairs.

"i told him to come." taeyong says. i grab the bag from johnny's hand and take out one of the ice cream tubs. they were all like a decent size. "thank you." i look at johnny and he smiles. the three of us ended up in our home theater watching frozen 1 and 2.

"i definitely think elsa should be gay." johnny states outloud. "she really should, she would be such an icon." i say and they both agree.

•••

we fell asleep on the couches together during the movie a few days ago. it's currently monday, meaning i have to go back to school. i've been ignoring jaehyun's texts and now i have to ignore him all day at school. that definitely won't be easy, considering the fact we have the same classes.

"come on nari." taeyong yells for me. "can't! i'm dying." i yell back. "you are not." he tells me and drags me out of the room. today, we got a ride from taeil. occasionally do all the guys pile into one car. "hi taeil." i smile as i enter his car. "hiiiii." he returns the smile.

once we arrived at school, i went to my locker as quickly as possible. "why are you ignoring me?" i close my locker door to be met with jaehyun. "i'm not." i respond dryly and walk past him.

"then explain what the hell yesterday was. i texted you nonstop and you left me on read all those times." he stands in front of me.

"i don't have to explain anything to you, you twat nugget." i snap at him. "and why not?" he asks me. "you're acting like my boyfriend. last time i checked, we're not dating. last time i checked, you have a fucking girlfriend." i yell at him. his expression changes quickly, "w-what?"

"did you think you could hide that forever? did you think you could just use me?" i continue screaming at him. "n-nari, i'm sorry. please let me explain." he pleads. "are you fucking serious? what's there to explain? you used me jaehyun. you have a girlfriend and flirted with me." i say.

"let's go." taeyong pulls me away as a tear falls down my face. i quickly wipe it away, "what an asswipe."

—•—

hey yall what a crazy
chapter

cant believe jaehyun
is a cheater

i really did
not see that coming

this is what i imagine their
home theater looks like

this is what i imagine their home theater looks like

oh to be rich 🥺✨