6

Kuroo arrived there a few minutes later, immediately sitting across from Bokuto and opening his arms. Tsukishima practically threw himself into the older males arms, nuzzling him softly and curling close. "Tetsu, you really came," he whispered, voice barely audible once more.

"Oh, Kei. Of course, I'll always come for you," he whispered, giving him a caring smile and gently wrapping his jacket around the blond's shoulders. "I love you, Kei, you know that. I'll never leave you."

Tsukishima sniffled and relaxed at the warmth of the jacket against his cold skin, feeling safer now that Kuroo was here simply because he was a more familiar person. Bokuto had been a massive help and he had helped him calm down, but at the moment that sense of comfort and familiarity was something that he needed more. "I don't get it, Tetsu," he whispered, looking up into those warm hazel eyes that were sad but full of care. "Why does this always happen to me? What did I do wrong? Why am I wingless and unapproachable and broken?"

Tetsurou felt his heart clench at those words, and he gently pressed a soft kiss to Kei's head. "I don't know why things like this always happen to you, and perhaps you are wingless, Moonshine, but I do know this. You aren't broken and unapproachable, you're just hurting. It's natural for you to be upset and distant from people if you're hurting, and some people don't understand that," he explained, cupping his cheek and gently wiping away his tears. "But you're a kind person, Kei, with a good heart and beautiful mind and soul. I know that, Yamaguchi knows it, Bokuto and even Hinata knows it. And I can tell you this, there are only a few times when I see Bokuto so genuinely worried and scared, and this is one of them. He literally just up and left because he had a gut feeling that something bad was happening."

Tsukishima looked over at Bokuto, who gave him a smile and nodded. "It's true, Kei, I guess I feel like you're like I used to be in a way. I suffered through it alone for a lot of the time and I don't want you to be put through that too," he said, taking his phone back and calling Akaashi so he and Yamaguchi could sort things for when they got back. "Is there anything you want for when you get back? I know Yamaguchi probably knows mostly but I want to make sure you're going to be comfortable."

Tsukishima looked at him, no longer crying but still shaking in Kuroo's arms. He was quiet, thinking for a moment, before taking a deep breath. "Tell Tadashi, just the normal stuff, but I'd prefer to be in a separate room with Tetsu, him and you, and I'll need sleep medicine. If he wants me to eat it has to be strawberries and watermelon. And if it's possible, a keyboard that I can plug my headphones into and keep nearby since that helps sometimes." His voice was quiet and the lack of emotion it held was hard for the third years to hear. This was part of Tsukishima's struggles; he felt too many emotions or not enough.

This whole situation was like returning to his old routine, a horrible routine full of dullness, sleepless nights and too many thoughts to concentrate. Sometimes he really wished he could fly, fly away from all of his problems so it was just him and the sky and his thoughts could fade away.

Not to mention, there was no way they weren't going to call home. His 'father' was in prison and his mother was currently not well, so that only left one option; Akiteru. Their relationship was difficult; like they could never quite understand each other. It had been good once upon a time, but after Kei came back his brother never really seemed to put in an effort to help him through his struggles. Perhaps he tried, but Kei never got the feeling that the older cared since he was prioritising his grades and didn't have the same patience as Tadashi.

It had only spiralled down from then.

Tsukishima didn't want to think about his brother at a time like now, though. Kuroo was there, and so was Bokuto, so he was safe. Besides, it was a long way from Sendai to Tokyo and so it was unlikely that Akiteru would come all the way just to pick him up and take him home.