14

Kei woke up on the last day of training camp to see Tetsurou's smiling face, a loving look in those hazel eyes. At some point during the night their legs had gotten tangled up, Kuroo's arms and one of his wings was still wrapped around him. As soon as he noticed Kei was awake, the older male placed a soft kiss on his cheek, before nuzzling it with his nose.

It managed to bring a smile to Kei's lips, before he buried his face in Kuroo's chest and clung to him. It was going to be their last day together like this, their last morning waking up to each other, and he wanted to cherish every moment.  He already had begun to, the warmth that they shared together making him feel all fuzzy on the inside. It was special, Kei knew that, and he was glad that they could have that time together like this.

For a moment, a part of him imagined living together with Tetsurou and waking up like this every morning, and his heart skipped a beat from joy.

"Good morning, Moonshine," Tetsurou whispered, so full of love that it made Tsukishima question what he'd done to deserve the other male, but only for a moment, because Kuroo had began whispering more things in his ear, innocent nothings that meant everything. His voice, deep, mellow and smooth like honey, and his words, so genuine and clearly full of love; Tadashi was extremely good at getting rid of the voices, but Tetsurou was just as good.

Technically, they weren't dating yet, as Kei was scared about anything long distance with his already struggling mental health. They were practically already a couple, though the lack of a label was comforting to him. If it became official, then he worried that the extra pressure that he'd put on himself, to not just being a good friend, but a good boyfriend, would make things a lot harder for himself. They loved each other, and that was all Kei needed for the moment.

Tetsurou understood that, and even though it became difficult to rein in his affections a little at times (because sometimes the blond was just too cute and he really wanted to kiss him), he knew that when Kei was ready for that sort of relationship he would say.

Tsukishima nuzzled him back in return, just accepting all of the affection. Eventually though, he looked up and pressed his finger to Kuroo's lips, getting him to be quiet before he leaned and kissed his cheek. "Thank you, Tetsu. I love you, good morning. Wait, no, that was all out of order, fuck, I meant to say good morning first-"

A soft chuckle escaped the dark haired teen, and he grinned at Kei. "I know, I get it, no need to worry. I love you too," he said, kissing the blond's forehead this time and guiding Kei's head to rest on his chest. "I'm afraid you're never going to escape my cuddles this morning, so just relax and enjoy it as best you can."

"I- okay," he replied, relaxing into the embrace and closing his eyes. He wanted to enjoy it wholeheartedly, he really did, but the fact remained that he would be leaving that afternoon. It lingered in the back of his mind, planting seeds of worry inside his heart. 'He'll be happy when you leave, he'll move on and find someone else that he loves more'. Every time he thought about leaving, those sorts of thoughts emerged, echoing around in his mind and causing his heart to ache. He didn't want to be a downer on their last day, he wanted their memories to be happy, yet to stay constantly happy was simply impossible. He'd probably go on another jog later, but right now he didn't want to move nor did he want to worry Tetsurou. "Can you tell me a story, Tetsu? I don't really mind what about, maybe one about volleyball with Bokuto and Akaashi or something," he said, hoping that it would suffice for now without ruining the mood.

If he hadn't had his head on Kuroo's chest, he would have seen a look of realisation flash through his eyes. He realised what was going on, of course, they were too close and he payed too much attention for him not to notice, but the third year didn't know whether to mention anything about it. On one hand, he didn't want to make things worse if talking about it upset Tsukishima, but on the other hand he wanted to let the blond know he cared and that his hardships didn't go unnoticed. He instead settled for taking his hand, lacing their fingers and giving it a gentle squeeze, hoping the message got through well enough. "Of course, I know just the perfect thing! Okay, so two months ago, Bo, Akaashi and I were all going out because there was a sale at the volleyball store, and we were just about to go in when we heard these noises from the alleyway..."