7

Kei was lead to a room where things were already being set up. Akaashi was there, along with Yamaguchi and Hinata, and they were making sure that there would be enough futon in the room for everyone who would be staying there. Also there was Takeda-sensei, who smiled kindly and gestured for Tsukishima to follow him to the bathroom.

Kuroo gave the taller teen a smile and lead him into the other room with the teacher, who started getting things out of the first aid kit. "Hello, Tsukishima-kun, I'm glad to see you're mostly alright," he said, looking to his hand. "That's what's injured worst, right? Do you mind if I take a look at it? I'll need to run it under some water to clean off some of the blood first, so it might sting, I just want to check. Kuroo-kun is more than welcome to stay with you, too,"

Kei was a bit hesitant, but after seeing Tetsurou's assuring smile he lifted his hand to the teacher. Takeda-sensei washed the blood off, being gentle the entire time even though it of course stung. Soft whimpering escaped the blond's lips, but he didn't make any verbal complaints, closing his eyes and staying close to Kuroo. "It's alright, Kei," the captain whispered to him, his voice soothing and so full of care. "I know it hurts, but it'll hurt more later if we don't look after it now. Sensei will get it all fixed up and then we can look after you again, I promise."

Tsukishima nodded, taking a few deep breaths and managing to stay calm. It did hurt, but with Kuroo there he wasn't so stressed or teary. The dark haired teen continued to whisper those kind words in his ear, holding him close and letting Kei squeeze his other hand as much as he needed. As it turned out, it wasn't too deep so it wouldn't need stitches or anything, but it would need a bandage and he couldn't move his hand too much. There went his plan to play piano if he was upset, but he supposed he could always just play with his right hand. It just meant he wouldn't have both the chords and the melody.

The disinfectant stung the worse, but he was able to make it through. Then came the gauze and then the bandages, and his hand was all wrapped up. The pain was still there, but it felt better having a bandage on it now. Kei let out a breath of relief he hadn't realised he'd been holding, and then moved to be hugging Kuroo again. A few taps on the shoulder, and once again he was scooped up into those warm arms, where it was safe. All he'd needed to tape out in Morse was 'up', but Tetsurou knew very well what it meant.

Kuroo thanked Takeda for him, and then they headed back to the room to get him some clothes. "Kei, we're going to need to get you showered," he said gently to the teen in his arms, letting out a soft sigh. "You'll feel a bit better once you've had a nice warm wash, Moonshine. I don't want to leave you alone, though, since you're hurt. I don't mind helping you wash, or we can ask Yamaguchi or someone else to help you. But-"

A few more taps, spelling out a name. 'Tadashi, please.'

Kuroo just smiled gently and nodded, kissing his head. "Of course, Kei." He called over the freckled male, who just nodded in understanding.

"M'kay, that's okay with me, Tsukki," he told the blond, who looked a little relieved, as if he hadn't wanted to be a bother. "You know I don't mind, I helped you shower before. I don't have anything else to do right now anyway, so you're not taking me away from anything, I promise."

Kei nodded and carefully stood back up again, clinging on to Yamaguchi's arm as soon as he left Kuroo. The dark haired male frowned a little, feeling his heart squeeze a little at the sight. It wasn't that he didn't like the affection or that he was jealous, but Tsukishima was extremely clingy at the moment and Kuroo knew that it was because the teen was upset and needed support. Gods, he wanted to ruin the fucker that had dared do this to him, but looking after Kei took precedence.

Yamaguchi smiled at his friend and made sure he got comfortable clothes, before leading him back to the bathroom to have a wash. He'd done this before, meaning that he'd probably had to be the one to support Tsukishima through something like this already. The thought of this not being a first time thing really hurt Tetsurou. Kei had been through so much, yet he hadn't been able to help through most of it.