21. Seeing Ryan

I woke up alone in bed the next day. I could hear the boys talking in the kitchen, so I knew that they would all be distracted.

I went into my room, pulled on a pair of black high waisted skinny jeans with ripped knees, a white crop top and a coat over the top. I made sure that I got my phone, keys and my debit card. I through my long hair into a high ponytail and got my white vans out.

I crept down the stairs and heard the boys arguing in the kitchen.

"No, I was upset and she came to me! It wasn't my fault!" Noah shouted to, I assume, the other boys.

"Noah, you made her have sex with you didn't you? You thought she would have feelings for you and choose you!" Harvey shouted back, I shivered at the 'made her' part. Noah would never do that to me.

"No! Well we did have sex but she came to me! Not the other way round!" Noah said. Did I? I pondered his words.

"We really need to sort this out boys" Luke butted in.

"Well I should be able to ask her out because-"

"No! Dont go telling some pitty story now!" Harvey replied to Noah, after shouting at him to shut him up.

"Just because you want her," Zach muttered.

"WE ALL DO!"

I just sighed and wrote a note saying I was going out and walked out the front door. I jumped in a taxi and gave the man the address for Ryan's office.

When the taxi stopped outside of Ryan's office, I jumped out and looked at the familiar building. When I was Ryan's assistant, I came here every day. I've not been here for weeks now.

I went into the reception and the receptionist looked at me with surprise. She spoke in a fake, high pitched voice.

"Here to see Ryan? Go straight through, he has no one in with him." she said and smiled a huge, fake smile. I always hated her.

I walked down the hall and up the stairs to Ryan's office. I knocked on the door three times and heard his call, saying that I could go in.

"Ah Rose!" He said. He had a huge smile on his face as he walked over to me and pulled me into a tight hug. "What can I do for you?" He asked. He sat back down in his office chair and I sat opposite.

"Uh. I wanted to talk about my job. I don't think I can do it anymore." I said. He nodded thoughtfully.

"Right. And why is that? Are the boys not treating you well?" He said. Going to pick up the phone.

"No! No!" I shouted, making him out there phone back down. "They are treating me really well. That's the thing. I have found out that all the boys could potentially have feelings for me and I don't want to hurt anyone." I said. He nodded at my information.

"I thought something like this would happen." He said and rubbed his forehead.

"I wish I didn't have to leave, but it's the only way to make sure that the boys and I don't get hurt. I went for that interview, and they are taking me seriously, and I think I could start a career in this."

"I understand Rose." He said and rubbed my shoulder. "If you need to leave then I understand. Is there any chance you would consider coming back?" He asked with pleading eyes.

I looked down for a second, considering what I would do with the rest of my life.

"When the boys have moved on from me, I will come back. As soon as it is safe, and no one will get hurt then I will." I said.

Ryan smiled at me and brought me into a tight hug.

"You really are the best young lady I know Rose" he said. I smiled at him and turned around to walk towards the door.

"You have my number Ry. Call if you need" I said and smiled at him. He nodded and sat on the edge of his desk.

I left the office and decided to walk the ten minuet walk to my old flat. I walked up the stairs and pulled the key out of my pocket.

The door opened easily, and I walked into the dust covered flat. It looked exactly like I had left it.

By the front door, there was heaps of letters. Mostly from my mum and brother. I went into the bedroom and lay in the fluffy bedding.

After a few minutes of thinking through the meeting with Ryan, I fell into a restless sleep.

A loud bang woke me up from my nap. I looked at the clock on the bed side table and saw it said 11pm. The boys must be worried.

I checked my phone and saw multiple texts and calls from the boys, they were getting more frequent as the night went on.

I picked up my keys and phone and phone and ran down to my car that I left behind at my flat.

After 15 minuets, I was outside the boys house. I took a deep breath and walked into the huge house.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" Luke shouted as all the boys ran out of the living room.

"Uh, I Uh." I stuttered.

"I got a call from Ryan hours ago saying that you had been to see him and were one your way home. Five hours later you appear!" He said. I looked down to the floor.

"I was sat in Costa. I fancied a hot chocolate and I didn't realise how late it got." I said, looking guilty.

"Okay." Luke said. Calming down alittle. "Please tell us where you are next time. We were all so worried about you" Luke said and walked towards me. He gave me a loving look and placed his hand gently on my cheek. He rubbed his thumb up and down.

Someone cleared their throat from behind Luke. This made him pull away and glare at the other boys.

"Rose, Do you know what the meeting is about tomorrow?" Harvey asked. "Ryan said that It was to do with you?" He said questioningly. I shook my head, not trusting my voice.

"Well he said he would be here at ten so we should all get some sleep." Luke said. We all nodded and I was the first to walk up the stairs.

I went into my room and walked straight into the bathroom. I put one of my favourite lush bath bombs in the hot water and tore off all my chothes.

Just as I was about to get in, I heard a deep voice behind me.

"Mind if I join?"