8

“Okay well I'm gonna sit against the fence and work on my scholarship essay. I’m trying to keep felonies to a minimum.” Pope directed, waving to Kie and John B as they walked away from the friend group.

“I hope you know that’s impossible with him around.” She turned away from JJ to talk to Pope, only to feel a harsh smack on her butt. Turning around she saw a hacky sack ball laying on the ground.

Maggie sat down where the ball landed and picked it up. JJ sat in front of her, holding his hands out for her to throw it.

She tossed it in his direction as JJ spoke, “How was your day? You know, before we almost died.” JJ asked, throwing the ball back.

“It was an easy shift, but then when I was walked out, Rafe Cameron slapped my ass-”

JJ stopped throwing the ball, his hand now squeezing the ball in anger. “He did what now?” He questioned, his jaw clenching.

“It’s fine, JJ. You already know I smacked him-” Maggie stopped talking at the sound of police sirens coming from a distance.

“Shit, go!” JJ ran to the drivers side of the van, turning on the car. Maggie jumped into the passengers' side, waiting for Pope to jump in the back.

“At least we agreed to meet at your house.” Maggie mumbled, her heart racing loudly.
______________♡_____________

Maggie sat on the ground in front JJ legs, who was taking hits of his Juul. “I hope they’re okay.” She mumbled, reaching up to grab hold of JJ’s device.

“They are.” Was all Pope said who was too busy working a machine. Taking one swift hit of his juul, she held it back up to him, holding it in as long as she could.

Just as she exhaled, a car horn honked grabbing everyone's attention. Low and behold there was John B, signaling the group into the van. Maggie immediately hopped up and ran into the back of the van, Pope following her as JJ got into the passengers side. 

They group drove to The Wreck in an attempt to get Kie to come with them. Pope ran inside to try to grab her, only to run back out, “she said she’s not coming.” 

“Why not?” JJ asked, Maggie leaned forward, “What did you do John B?” 

“Shit. Hang on. I’ll deal with it.” He said, leaving the van.

“Mags, mere. I wanna try something.” 

“JJ you ‘mere’ I’m not crawling into the drivers side.” Maggie whined, her head rolling back. 

The boy groaned as he exited the van,  entering in the back. “Okay no one else will do this with me. So we’re gonna shotgun kiss.” Maggie opened her mouth to question the boy, but he cut her off. 

“It’s not an actual kiss. I’m gonna take a hit of this,” he whipped out his Juul, “and I exhale it in your mouth, and our lips touch.” 

“JJ-” 

“Come on, please! John B and Pope are my homies but like I'm not homie-sexual you know? And if I asked Kie she’d definitely slap me.” Maggie snorted at his reasonings, “okay fine.”