16

The group gathered back into the boat and headed back out to go get the two girls from the abandoned boat. “You forget your keys or something?” Pope called out to their silhouettes in the sunrise. 

Sarah sent Maggie a wink before letting her resting bitch face take over. “That sucked.” 

“You still love us though, right?” JJ grinned at the girls, tossing a rope to Kie. “Yeah, whatever.”

“You still hate me?” JB smirked as he looked up at Sarah. “A little. We’re both gonna get you back when you least expect it. Except you Maggie, you’re the peacemaker in the group.”  Maggie felt oddly pleased to know that. 

“So, did you guys, you know-” Pope started, “reconcile our differences?” Kie asked, placing her hand on her hip as Sarah crossed her arms. “Not even close.” “But we’re willing to work together.”

“You know what? That’s a victory.” JB smiled as JJ smacked his hand on his friends back. 

“Alright, shut up. You guys ready to jack someone up?” JB asked the girls as they hopped onto the boat. 

“Let’s go baby!” Maggie cheered, giving Kie a hug. Spending a few hours with those boys alone truly made her miss the presence of another girl. 
______________♡_____________

“Alright, you guys got rope?” JB asked from the driver's seat. “Got it.” Maggie called back to the boy. “Grappling hook?” Pope and Mags shared a confused look, “we don’t have a grappling hook. We’re not Batman.” 

“Pulley?” 

“Check?” 

“My balls? Gone.” JJ muttered to himself. “Oh my god, don’t be such a wuss.” Maggie chuckled at the boy. “Dude. Axe murderer.” JJ emphasized dramatically. “Dude,” she mocked him, “four hundred mil.” “You got me there, princess.”

“Let’s go.”

The group prepared themselves with everything they needed as JB slid the van door open, “I wanna say thank you guys, seriously. It means a lot to me that you’re here tonight.” He expressed, appreciating everybody who sat in the back of his van.

“Always.”

“Of course man.” 

“We’ll always have your back JB.” 

“Alright, we done with the circle jerk? Can we go do this?” JJ pulled everyone out of the moment.

“Yeah, let’s go get that wheat in the water.” Pope grinned as he jumped out of the van. “Weed? I’m up for weed.” “JJ, no. He said wheat.” 

The girls hopped over the fence, waiting for the rest of them before they began to walk through the land. Everyone stopped in a moment of panic as a motion light flicked on, “shit!” “Go, go, go!” 

“Okay, so she has motion sensor lights.” Pope stated the obvious. “We could uh… move really slowly, maybe?”  

“What?”

“That’s not how it works.” Maggie patted his shoulder before pressing a soft kiss to it. 

“Oh, shit. Let’s throw a rock at it.” JB offered.