26. FullSun Day

Haejin POV :

As we were watching a movie I checked whether haechan is near us. But thankfully, he was in his room.

"Hey guys" I said trying to get others attention and switched off the TV.

"What is it, haejin? The movie just started now" jihyun said while munching some popcorn inside her mouth.

"But this is important than the movie. Haechan's birthday is in two days. We gotta do something for him" I announced.

"Can we surprise him?" chenle asked.

"Sounds good" jaemin agreed. "And also I have an idea. Write a letter to him. It must be meaningful and touching. Please renjun don't do something funny like before. Do it seriously" I said.

"Okay I guess" renjun said rolling his eyes.

"Okay haejin you gotta distract him when we decorate and get ready with the cake" jeno said.

Haejin nodded enthusiastically.

"I will bake the cake" jaemin said.

"Try not to burn my kitchen" chenle said sarcastically.

"Me and jihyun will do the decorations" jisung said.

"Me and jeno will help you all" renjun said finally.

<Time skip to haechan's birthday>

"Someone wake him up. And also don't wish him or anything. Be normal as if it's not his birthday. Understood?"I asked.

They nodded and renjun went to wake him up.

As soon as he came he smiled expecting us to wish him. But,nah! We have to surprise him later.

His smile vanished as he saw us doing our regular work.

As we sat in the table for our breakfast he asked timidly, "Today is a special day, do you guys remember?"

"Yeah hyung, today is the day we released DNYL. Woah! One year went by very soon" jisung replied innocently.

We tried hard not to laugh and started munching the food into our mouths.

Haechan felt annoyed and he gave up. He thought we forgot totally about his birthday.

As we completed our breakfast,jeno signalled me to take haechan out so that they could decorate the hall.

I nodded and pulled haechan outside with me. He was a bit sad. We started walking around in perfect silence while he got a call from his mother. He picked up and I heard his mom yelling 'Happy birthday my son'.

As soon as he heard his mom's voice a smile crept in his lips which made him hella attractive.

"Thank you mother" he said cutely and he spoke with her for a few minutes.

After that he came back to me, I pretended that I didn't hear anything. After 15 minutes of walk,I got a text from jihyun telling that everything is ready and I could bring him inside.

I suddenly closed his eyes with my hands. "Haejin what are you doing?" haechan started panicking. "Shh.. Just follow my lead" I ushered him.

I opened my hands after entering the hall.

I joined the others who were shouting their lungs out and yelling, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY".

"I know you guys didn't forget my birthday" he said emotionally.

"Okay, come soon and cut the cake. I am hella hungry" chenle said while laughing.

Haechan rolled his eyes while going near the cake.