Sick!Adrien x Reader

A/N: I know I haven't been updating lately but this week has been quite busy for me. I'll try to update as soon as I can.

word count: 982

(Y/N)'s POV

I was carefully trying to balance a pencil on my nose and I was almost there until I heard a sneeze and it dropped down and fell on the desk. Ugh. It was my 134ᵀᴴ, no I think 133ᴿᴰ try. I don't even know anymore. I had spent forty five minutes trying to do this. Miss Mandeliev was ill so she called in a sick day and we got a free period. But I just can't focus on balancing the pencil on my nose because my bench-mate, crush and friend, a three in one, keeps sneezing! Do these people even know how important it is to get the pencil to balance! I was just going to try again until I heard another sneeze. I sighed. I wasn't getting anywhere with this. I would just have to try again later so I decided to ask my bench-mate what was wrong.

"Adrien, you OK?" I asked.

"Huh" he said groggily before rubbing his eyes and shaking himself back to reality. "Oh yea. I'm fine (Y/N). Don't worry." He said, as his words were followed by another sneeze of his. "Excuse me"

"Gesundheit" I said.

"Thanks"

"You sure your OK Adrien?" I said putting my hand on his forehead. I could see he was about to say something but I cut him off. "Adrien your burning! You have to call in sick and go home early. You'll get worse if you don't!"

"I can't" He paused, looking down at his lap. "Father will be mad if I don't study properly"

"Yeah, and if you're sick, you won't be able to study at all."

"No!" He tried to protest. "I'll be fine."

"I'll tell the substitute teacher to excuse you if you don't do it it yourself."

"But-"

"I'm going to tell her."

"Well I won't let you (Y/N). Please don't"

"Adrien"

"(Y/N)"

"Please don't say anything (Y/N)." He said. "If you tell the teacher then I will..." he trailed of as I raised a brow, it was obvious he wasn't serious. His eyes always gave it away "I will..."

"You will what?"

"I will eat pizza!" He said confidently. I started to chuckle, then giggle, and before I knew it the whole class was staring at me as I was laughing hysterically.

Uh-oh. I laugh like a witch. But sadly, my laughter didn't die down until three minutes later when I decided to ask the teacher to excuse Adrien for the rest of the day.

+++

The silence in the room was starting to become awkward as I decided to break it.

"So..."

"Why did you tell the teacher?"

"It's not like you actually went home."

"The infirmary isn't any better."

"Are you kidding? People come here to escape the classes. They act as if they're ill just to get here. People love this place!"

"Well I'm not 'people'. I know you were only trying to help but I didn't want you to be stuck here with me." He sighed. "Not to mention, the teacher forced you to look after me for the rest of the day."

"It's no problem Adrien" I smiled. "I'm always happy to help you."

"I'm sleepy" he said, as he rested his head on my shoulder. I could see his eyelids closing slowly. The medicine the infirmary lady gave him must be doing it's job.

"Have a good rest" I whispered as his head dropped to my lap and I could tell I was visibly blushing.

+++

It had been about three hours since Adrien fell asleep and the school hours were over which meant I had to wake him up. Luckily, his fever was better but if he didn't rest his condition would start to worsen. But right now, I had to wake him up. Carrying him was an option but if his bodyguard saw us in a position like that, a lot of questions would be thrown upon Adrien which would stress him out which would increase his fever.

"Adrien" I said quietly as I stroked his head.

"Hmm?" was all he could respond with.

"Adrien school's over"

"So?"

"You have to get home."

"Nooo" he whined before Marinette gave me a call telling me Adrien's bodyguard was losing patience.

"Adrien if you don't get up right now I will not sit next to you in class." His head shot up. I honestly didn't expect that to work.

"I'm up!"

"Good. Your bodyguard's here Adrien."

"Oh..." He paused, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. "Thanks for waking me up (Y/N)."

"No problem." I flashed him a smile. "Just take care of yourself."

"I will. Thanks for today though. It really means a lot and I appreciate it."

"Like I said, It's no problem." I smiled. Almost instantly Adrien's phone began to ring. He looked at who was calling him and mumbled an 'uh-oh' before declining the call and texting someone. He hurried towards the door before turning back for a second.

"Bye (Y/N)! Cya later!"

"Bye Adrien! Take care!"

"One last time, thanks for today! Love you!" He said before running off. I was baffled. Where did the 'love you' part come from?

Though he was gone by now and I knew he wouldn't be able to hear me, I just whispered back. "I...love you too"

But if Adrien really meant that, or he just said it as friends, that's the one thing leaving me curious. After all, he is just a dense and oblivious boy, isn't he...?

A/N: There will be no part 2's unless it's requested. But if it is requested, I'll be sure to make a part 2!!
Cya! Take care polar bears! Don't let Corona get the chance to infect you! stay safe!!