Adrien x Orphan!Reader

A/N: You are sixteen years old. That's pretty much it. ^^

Word count: 1615

(Y/N)'s POV

I stared blankly at my phone as tears escaped my eyes. I could only say one word at that moment. "Mom..."

Flashback

"(Y/N) your bother has a deadly disease. It's also very contagious. He's going to be kept in room no.404 and no matter what, do not go in there." Said my mom. 

I thought it would all be okay...I never thought I would lose my mother and brother, just the way I had already lost my father. 

2 months later

Me and my mother stared at my severely ill brother  through the transparent walls that concealed him. His disease was highly contagious. The infected people start to puke a lot blood as their body dries out by dehydration and begins to crack. It sounds impossible, but here I am, witnessing the closest person to me suffer through this. 

He stretched out his hand towards us and whispered something, but I could understand what he was saying by focusing my eyes on his lip movement. He said something like 'Mommy...please...I need your hug'. It broke my heart to just see him in such a state but what broke me more was when my mother turned to me with tears in her eyes.

"(Y/N), I'm sorry...I just cant see him like this. I'm going in. I love you" and with that she went inside, basically dying willingly. I hate to admit that it was actually a way of suicide. I tried to protest with her but it was too late. She was already inside.

I was shook and worried. What would I do without her. I was just about to go in to when a nurse grabbed my arm, forbidding me to go inside. I tried to get free of her grip but she just called a few other nurses who held me back. I wasn't willing to live any longer. I kept fighting their grip until i finally gave up. 

And the last thing I saw before running away from the hospital was my mother hugging my brother as a little blood dripped off her mouth.

Flashback ended

I was currently in school when I probably zoned out while I accidentally opened a pic of my mother. I only snapped back to reality when Adrien called out my name for the third or fourth time.

"(Y/N)!!" he said, waving his hand in front of me. "I asked you something."

My head quickly shook as I finally realized what was going on. "Uh..yes? I would love that." I said, attempting to reply in a meaningful way. But sadly, things never go my way.

"I asked you if you were okay." he said with a worried tone.

"Oh yeah. I'm completely fine." No one actually knew that I lost my parents and practically worked in a coffee shop to earn my living.

"If you say so. The bell rang about three minutes ago. we better get to class." He said and I just nodded.

+++

It was 06:30 pm at the moment. I was wearing my apron as I was working in the cafe. I was taking orders of the people who entered, that was basically my job, but I also helped out in making and delivering the orders. Of course, I got paid extra for it, but I didn't do it for the extra salary, I just wanted to help out.

I was just taking orders when two new people entered. They seemed kinda familiar but I didn't give it much of a thought. It was probably just me.

Another waiter hurried to them and took their order as I was busy on another table. After I was done taking the order, I went to kitchen and the Barista gave me a coffee to deliver to table 33. I happily took the coffee and made my way to table 33.