↳ chapter eleven: congratulations, mulciber is crap

■

Kyra was engaged. Kyra Nova Black was engaged. She couldn't believe it. They'd arrived back to Hogwarts an hour ago and now were heading into the Great Hall for the sorting and dinner. She hadn't seen any of her friends yet and hadn't told any of them about the engagement. She figured she'd tell them after dinner and started looking for Marlene right now.

"Ughfffff -"

"Kyra! I'm so glad you're alright!" Marlene exclaimed, hugging Kyra tightly.

"Uhhhhhh- i can't breathe, Marls -"

"Wha- oh, right, sorry!" The blonde said, jumping back quickly. Kyra smiled.

"I missed you! Anything eventful happened at home?" Kyra asked, linking arms with Marlene.

Marlene shrugged. "Not really. There was this small wedding of one of my cousin's, really nice. I met a cute girl there, though."

Kyra laughed. "Of course you did,"

Marlene grinned. "Yeah. What about you?"

"Well," Kyra dug around in her pocket for her engagement ring, and pulled it out. "Here it is."

Marlene looked at it in awe. "So you're really engaged? To a piece of shit!" She exclaimed, and Kyra laughed.

"True," she said as she stuffed her mouth with some pasta. "Can't go back now. Have you seen Remus?"

Marlene nodded. "He's right over there. Came just now." She pointed to her right. Kyra could see all her friends plus her brother with them. She sighed.

"Guess I'll see him after dinner."

She then told Marlene everything that had happened over break and so did she. Dinner was over in an hour and people were heading back to their Common Rooms. She had to give Regulus something, so she told Marlene she'd meet her in their dorm and headed in the direction of the Slytherin Common Room.

She hummed a nice tune as she headed towards the dungeons. In a second, one of her arms was pinned to the wall behind her and she stared up at the face of Terrance Mulciber.

"What are you doing?" She gritted her teeth. Mulciber smiled viciously.

"You're my to-be-wife now, aren't you? So you'll listen to what I say, yes?"

"Hell no," she said, trying to free her arms. Instead, Mulciber dug his fingernails into her forearms.

"You will. Come with me," he smiled.

"Get away!" Kyra snarled but Mulciber snaked an arm around her waist and pulled her closer and started walking.

"Your attempts will be futile. You will listen to me or I'll have some business with your friends. Now, you won't speak to any of them, especially that Potter, your brother, the mutt and the halfblood. You can talk to McKinnon, though,"