Chapter 3

So bright. 

She took her first step out of the cave for the first time ever. She had imagined the outside world more than a thousand times. Still, reality exceeded her expectations. The sun was too bright for her eyes, but what she could see was beautiful. So many colours. Was that thing over there a tree? 

Chapstein was holding her, helping her walk since her legs were still shaking because of all the emotions. But she did not feel him anymore. All she could think of was this wonderful, huge environment around her. So this is the outside world? I like it. 

The other men arrived behind them. More were there and some others had already left to the Ministry of Magic, because that was where they were headed, according to Chapstein. Once all his men joined the two, they all left. 

She slept during the whole travel, exhausted after all these emotions. When she woke up, she was on a bed, in a small room. It contained only a bed and toilets. She tried to get up but her wrists and ankles were chained to the bed. What is happening? 

She started to panic when a man around its forties arrived through the door. 

« Do not panic » said the man. « It is just a safety precaution. 

- Where is the other man? said the girl. 

She dug in her memories to find his name. 

- Chapstein. Where is he? 

- Oh he. said the man. He is just a soldier. This does not concern him. He was tasked to arrest the two criminals and bring everything he found, and he did. That is all. But do not worry, I will take care of you. 

A scary smile appeared on his face. Hestia tried to get out of her chains, but it was of no use. She looked at the man and spoke: 

- What do you want? Why am I here? 

-  Ah this is a good question. You see, the Ministry heard of a certain mad scientist years ago. But we did not have enough information on him. We learnt a bit later that he had found another man to help him with his crazy experiments. But information was scarce. Until recently. Someone gave us an interesting piece of information that led to the two criminals' lair. We followed the lead and arrested them. But it seems their experiments exceeded our expectations. 

He smiled. 

- Your expectations? What do you mean? 

- My sweet, naive child. We knew what your father, because he is your father isn't he? We knew what he wanted to do. The White Dragon Knights had told us, years ago what he wanted to do. They always denied his demands, deeming they were too dangerous, but the Ministry was interested. But one day, he died. Or so we thought. We were really pleased to know he was still alive, and even more so when we learned strange creatures had been escaping the mansion. You see, I am quite interested in your father's and Viktor's researches. Creating an enhanced human would be a wonderful weapon. Just imagine an army of it! 

He grinned. 

- Unfortunately, they were cautious and we did not find anything indicating how they did what they did. This means, my dear, (he turned towards her to look at her face, and put a hand on her chin) that you are a unique creation. 

She shivered as his hand touched her face and pulled back her face. However, he kept contact with her. He finally let go and his hand went to grab a strand of her hair. 

- Oh my dear, if only you knew how beautiful you are! You and I, we will make the best team, and you will help me to discover all of your fathers' secrets. 

He let go of her hair and walked back. 

- We'll have fun here, do not worry. 

He cracked a scary, creepy smile as he left the room, leaving the terrified girl chained to her bed.