Chapter 4

She did not know what day it was or how much time had passed since she was brought in this room. Not a day had passed without this creepy man experimenting on her. The first day, he took a strand of her hair and checked all of her body, leaving no space untouched. 

The second day, he came back and started to scorch her in order to see her body's reaction. 

The third day, he tortured her, drowning her, burning her. 

The fourth day, he opened her while she was awake to see her insides. 

Every day, she was examined, tortured, scrutinised. 

This particular day, she woke up as usual in her bed, chained. What would happen today? 

As soon as she woke up, an unknown man entered the room. He walked up to her and unchained her. She then got up and stroked her left wrist where the chain had left a mark. But as soon as she got up, the man attacked her. She dodged the attack straight away and tried to make sense of what just happened. The man attacked again, but though quick, he was still too slow for her. She dodged again. 

« What are you doing? » she asked. 

He did not answer and he attacked, increasing his speed. She dodged again. 

« Why are you doing this? » she tried to speak calmly, but it was more of a plea than a question. 

Again, he did not answer and increased his speed again. Still, he was still too slow. 

After ten minutes of the same refrain, he suddenly stopped attacking and left, leaving the girl dumbfounded. 

The day after, the same thing happened, but instead of one man, it was two. The day after, another man appeared. However, Hestia was too quick for them and dodged all of their attacks. 

Seeming to change the experiment, the day after, five men entered the room, all with a knife in their hands. Desperate to survive, the girl fought with all her strength. But the men were decided to kill her. At one of the men's attack, Hestia dodged and disarmed him. She then grabbed the knife as she was dodging another man's attack. When another jumped on her from the back, she turned around and the knife met the man's flesh. The man's eyes spread out as a stream of blood rushed to his mouth while his knees failed him, leaving him to fall on the ground, dead. Another attacker rushed to her, and she dodged again, gaining a cut on her left arm. Tired from all this, all these days trapped, and even all of her life as a prey, she lost herself in the fight and, as her father had taught her when they were training in the cave, attacked, aiming for the weak spots. One after the other, her attackers collapsed on the ground as a pool of blood rose on the floor. 

There she stood, surrounded by corpses, a knife in her hand. It was as if her brain had stopped working. She was contemplating the massacre without realising she had done it.  She suddenly realised what she had done and dropped the knife. Tears started to pour down of her eyes as she dropped on the ground, her knees failing to support her. She was a murderer. 

In another room, observing the scene, the man smiled.