Chapter 1: New Guy

BEEP BEEP BEEP-

The sound of the alarm broke my sleep. I turned around in my bed and slapped the clock to shut it up. Beside it leaned a framed photo of my mom with her arms around 7-year-old me. That was the same year the accident had happened. Her car had crashed into a taco truck on the highway. She was dead now.

I haven't taken a single bite of a taco since then. And I never will.

I headed to the bathroom to get dressed for school. As I stood in front of the mirror, I peered at my creamy white soft skin and my bright blue ocean-coloured orbs. My chestnut brown locks fell in silky waves over my shoulder. I always hated the way I've looked. I wasn't pretty like the other girls. I looked plain and average.

"Get ready for school, Kate!" my dad yelled from downstairs.

He was at his best in the morning. By noon he was drowning his misery in copious amounts of alcohol.

I stepped out of the shower and slipped into a pair of skinny jeans and a cozy grey cropped sweatshirt. I threw my hair into a quick messy bun and put on a generous layer of lip gloss. I hated putting on too much makeup.

Grabbing my backpack, I headed down the stairs and out the door, muttering a quick goodbye to my dad, who ignored me alcoholically.

_________________

Parkdale High was a decent walking distance from home. Upon reaching, I was met with a familiar voice.

"Kate!"
I turned behind.

Vanessa Gilbert looked at me, her luscious pink lips curved into a jovial smile. Her thick, curly blond hair was put up in a neat ponytail and her tall figure rocked a cute purple floral dress with brown boots.

"Hey, bestie!" I smiled back.

I often thought about how Vanessa and I were polar opposites. Vanessa was bubbly and confident. She was not just close to the popular crowd at school, but rather everyone. It's a wonder how a personality like her came to be friends with an average girl like me.

"Did you hear?" she blinked slowly with her cyan eyes and prominent eyelashes.

"What?" I asked.

"There's a new guy at school. Apparently, he was expelled from Darville High School for notorious behavior. A suburban bad boy, you know."

"Wow. What's his name?"

"...Chuck. Carter."

_________________

_________________

Vote comment share!!!