3: The Changing

"Dad!" I gasp, sitting up and I look around the room. 

"Hey, you're okay. You're alright." A voice says and I look to see Thomas and the rest of the boys crowding around me.

"What happened? Where I am?" I ask, clutching on something tighter.

"The Med-jack. Jeff cleaned you up good." Frypan says.

"After taking on Gally like a total badass, you uh, sorta, passed out on us." Chuck says, scratching his head.

"Oh. Is he hurt?" I sniffle.

"Not as much as you though, surprisingly." Thomas says.

"Don't care how bad. As long as he has some type of mark." I say and everyone chuckles.

I then look down to see my hand on Newt's arm. Had I been holding onto it this whole time? I then slowly pull my hand away to feel my forehead.

"The hell is this?" I say, feeling a bandage on my forehead.

"A concussion. And a little bruise from the fall. You also have some strained muscles. But you'll be fine. Jeff is really good at his job." Newt tells me.

"I'm already fine. I don't need an audience. Let's just get on with our lives, okay?" I say. "While we still have them." I mutter the last part as I start to get off the stretcher.

I close my eyes a bit as I feel the muscle in my stomach starting to strain.

"Hey, hey, relax. Okay?" Newt says and I look up at him.

"I'm fine, I said." I tell him and I gently hop off the stretcher.

"Alby's waiting for you." Thomas informs me.

"Thanks." I flatly say as I sit on a chair.

I grab my sneakers and slip them on. I tie the shoelaces extra tight and then wipe off my hands on my ripped jeans.

"How did you do that last night?" Chuck asks.

"Do, what?" I say, putting my hair into a ponytail from a rubber band I found next to me.

"Fight like that. You shucking shredded Gally last night." Chuck says.

"No, I didn't. Just beginners luck." I say.

"Alana, you kept saying dad in your sleep. Do you remember him?" Thomas asks.

"Not really. Everything is still blurred. I don't know, okay? Don't worry about it." I huff.

"Your father. He trained you?" Newt asks, crossing his arms.

"Congrats, you've cracked the case. Yeah, he did. I may not remember him, but I vividly remember his training. Maybe now I know why. Maybe he knew I was gonna be sent here." I trail off.

"You are one damaged shank." I hear Gally say and I snap my head up as he stands by the door way.

"Call me any more of your Glader names again, and you won't have a mouth to call me any of those names." I tell him. "Now, I gotta go find Alby. See ya." I state, walking past everyone.

I step out and my eyes squint due to the sun. But they adjust seconds later. I then see Alby walk over to me.

"Hello, Alana. I'm glad you're okay." He says.

"Hi. Thomas said you wanted to see me?" I say and he nods at me.

"Yeah. Follow me." He says.

                                          ||