22: What's your plan?

"Get her out of here!" Janson yells as Thomas helps me off the ground due to the loud impact of Jorge ramming his car into a helicopter.

"C'mon!" Ava yells as Thomas and I look around the area for our friends.

"Freeze!" The guard says and I push Thomas away, signaling for him to run.

"Drop it, kid!" Another guard says, but I throw the gadget near them.

"Run! Get down!" I yell, waving my hand and I fall on the ground as the bomb goes off, creating an explosion as I press the button.

I then crawl, avoiding the fog so I can breathe better. I then turn my head to see Janson charging at me. He nails me in the face and I fall on my back. I try and get up, but he puts be back down with a foot on my chest.

"What a waste." Janson says as he cocks his gun and points it at me.

That's what Gally told me back in the maze.

Janson is then shot in the shoulder and I gasp, moving back. I then turn my head to see Brenda smiling with a rifle in her hand.

I then get back up on my feet and start running, finding Newt and my friends. I dodge some bullets as I duck. I spot Newt and the gang a few feet away from me. I then run faster, getting closer to them.

"C'mon, Alana! Get outta here!" Minho says as he keeps shooting at the guards.

"Minho, let's go!" I yell at him as Newt brings me closer to him.

"Get out of here! Go!" Minho says, then shooting another guard down to the ground.

"Get down!" Newt says as him and Thomas pull me down.

I then peek my head to see a guard shoot a taster at Minho and my face drops. He falls to the ground.

"Minho! Minho! Come back!" I yell, getting up, but Newt pulls me back.

"Alana, get back!" Frypan yells.

"Minho!" I screech and I get up again and start running while Jorge starts shooting.

"Alana, come back!" The boys yell as they run after me.

"No! Alana, no!" Jorge says as the guards drags Minho away.

"Minho!" I yell.

"Alana!" The boys say as they grab me.

"Minho!" I scream as Jorge helps the boys pull me back.

"Go! C'mon!" Jorge says and tears roll down my face.

"Minho!" I scream as Jorge and the boys start running back with my arm hooked on Jorge's jacket.

I then look to see Brenda running over. Janson and the guard head onto the helicopter as they start loading up.

"No! No! Minho! Aris! Sonya! Minho! Take me! Take me!" I screech, tears rolling down my face.

"Alana." Brenda says and wraps her arms around me.

"No, no, no!" I yell as I see Teresa and Ava look at me one last time.

The helicopter closes and starts taking off.

"No, no, no!" I yell as I drop to my knees, Brenda joining me.

"Shh, it's okay. It's okay, it's not your fault." Brenda says, still holding me tightly as it's now silent.

"Minho." I croak out as the lights of the helicopter finally fade away.

Brenda then rocks me back and forth and I sob into her shoulder.

   ||

I start packing up some cans as more tears fill my eyes. I broke another promise, yet again.

"What do we do now?" Frypan says and my breath hitches as I clench my right fist.

"Well, we pick up what's left of us. We stick to the plan. We get you kids to the safe haven." Vince says.

I look down and and shake my head, letting my tears drop on the ground.

"Then we start over, I guess." Vince concludes.

"I'm not going with you." I blurt out as I stand up, putting my backpack over my shoulders.

"What?" Vince and Newt say.

"I made a promise to Minho. I wouldn't leave him behind. I have to go after him." I say, wiping the dry tears off my face.

"Hey, kid, look around you. Alright? WICKED just kicked our ass. You think about where you're headed." Vince says.

"I'm not asking anyone to come with me. I'm not breaking another promise. Not again." I say in a shaky voice.

"Alana, listen to me. I've known Minho for...well, as long as I can remember. So, if there was any way that we could help him...trust me, I would be up there standing next to you. This, what you're talking about...is impossible." Newt says, walking closer to me as Frypan and Thomas look up at me.

"More like suicide." Jorge says and I turn my head as him and Brenda come walking over.

"Maybe. But I know what I'm supposed to do now." I say, nodding at myself.

"Alana, you're gonna get yourself killed." Brenda croaks out.

"Better me than him." I tell her.

"Don't say that." She says to me in a shaky voice.

"It's not just about Minho. It's about all of us. It's about everyone WICKED's ever taken, everyone they will take. They'll never stop." I nod. "They'll never stop, so I'm gonna stop them. I'm gonna kill Janson. I'm gonna kill Ava Paige." I say.

"I have to admit...I'd like some revenge." Harriet says, looking at Vince.

"Well, that's a good speech, kid. So, what's your plan?" Vince asks and I smirk at him.

"I have some ideas." I say.

"She always does." Newt says, grinning up at me and I purse my lips.

Game on, motherfuckers.