ch. ─── five

[05] HIDDEN ANGUISH

[05] HIDDEN ANGUISH

SHE SHUFFLES AWAY from her group of friends after excusing herself, mentioning she forgot to get something from the classroom. As soon as she turned her back to them her smile faltered, the ache coming from her cheeks causing Hajime to message them.

As Hajime instructed, Kaminari stayed behind after class. It was earlier today that he broke into Todoroki's phone, using the break to put her number into his device. Kaminari was surprised for how easy it was, even Todoroki's password was fairly predictable.

He leaned back into his chair with Hajime's phone on his desk, his hands behind his head as he sighed loudly. Since Kaminari was all by himself, the silence was proving to worsen his boredom, his leg jumping anxiously for the girl's arrival. Hajime said she would take five minutes to meet him, it's already been ten.

She's probably making googly eyes at Todoroki, the blonde thought, resorting to resting his head on his desk instead. When he decided to take a nap, a buzzing noise made him jump, his attention falling on Hajime's phone screen.

For the brief moment that the screen illuminated, he recognized her as the wallpaper. Hajime had her arm around another girl, her hair as pale as ivory as she held a cone of ice cream. A small smile crept onto his face when he saw Hajime genuinely smile in the photo, a sight he still hasn't seen for himself since she's enrolled.

He glanced at the text notification after realizing he got distracted, his brows furrowing together when he read the strange name. Before he can think further about the mysterious message she received, the classroom door swung open.

Without a word, Hajime closed the door behind her and made a beeline to the desk.

As always, Kaminari was concerned to see her straight-face. He realized that whenever she was alone with him it was if Hajime put up a wall, a mask as if she were trying to hide something. Although, Kaminari still has no clue as to what.

Hajime sat in her seat backwards, resting her arms on the back of the chair. "So did you get it?" She asked, resting her chin over her crossed arms.

Kaminari frowns. "Not even a hello? How are you?... I could've gotten in trouble if someone saw me."

"But you didn't," she said. "So can you just answer my question? I'm tired."

She stares blankly at the blonde, his eyes gazing back into hers as he takes Hajime in. He had to admit that she did seem exhausted; Hajime didn't even call him a name yet so something was definitely wrong. Kaminari grabbed her phone and held it out to her, a cheerful smirk on his face.