ch. ─── thirteen ⁱ

[13

[13.1] INTOXICATED SURPRISES

A HUMMING AREUM skipped by Hajime's side, simply delighted to be able to roam the UA grounds. The girl kept yammering about meeting her classmates for the first time, gushing about getting all the stories she can about her time at the school. Hajime was surprised she was still as energetic as she was earlier that evening; the sun was about to set as the buildings around the area turned orange.

Hajime and Areum decided to meet after school since it was Hajime's birthday. Declining the offer was out of the question, even if Hajime was exhausted from her classes this week. But Areum was the only exception where she'll go out of her way to make someone else's day.

This week has been an experience she had to say. While the both of them stopped for a bite to eat earlier, Hajime told Areum all about her classmates. Keeping to her sticky note, Hajime made more of an effort to get along with everyone, making sure to make a better impression on them.

When Areum heard her go on a tangent about how incredible they are in general, praising their skills and how complex their quirks really are, she smiled like a proud mom seeing her child go off to kindergarten.

She thought back on how closed off you were just weeks ago, rejecting her idea of making friends flat out. But now, here Hajime was talking about how her classmates will make excellent heroes in the future, her violet eyes filled with kindness and admiration. It was a look Areum hadn't seen on her for a while; a small glimpse of Hajime's old self showing through.

They stop in front of 3-A's dorm, Hajime narrowing her eyes at the smiling girl next to her. "Just... don't make a scene please," she pleaded, anxiously placing her hand on the handle of the door.

Areum snickers at your expression. "Don't make that face at me Maya—You know I'll find a way."

Ignoring her comment, she pushes away her doubts and shoves the door open, giving up on handling her best friend.

The unusual silence hits her smack in the face, her brows furrowing as she walked into the empty common area. Already suspicious for the dorms to be so vacant, especially since it was the end of the week, Hajime protectively puts a hand in front of Areum. Areum tries to keep her composure with how serious Hajime was taking the situation, ignoring the tuff of pink hair behind the kitchen counter that appeared momentarily.

"Where the hell is everyone," Hajime mumbled out loud, cautiously walking further into the room. She flicks her braid behind her shoulder. "It's never this quiet."

"Everyone's probably out having fun with their Saturday evening. I'm sure nothing's wrong here."

Hajime let her guard down a little, placing her hands on her hips as she scans the place again. "Still... I can't help but worry a little..."