ch. ─── ten

[10] UNDER PRESSURE

[10] UNDER PRESSURE

AFTER HER GRAND display the other day during hero training, things were better. Kaminari was basically gleaming with joy at Hajime's announcement and carried a stupid smile on his face wherever he went. However, even if his unneeded enthusiasm about her forgiving him was definitely irritating, she was glad to fulfill her promise to Mina and Sero.

But as it was finally Sunday, U.A. student's day off from studying and training. Hajime decided to meet up with her best friend, Areum. It was a beautiful day out as well. There was a soft breeze accompanying the warm sun rays that beat down on her, a perfect ending to a good week.

Hajime smoothed out the ends of her blouse, her lips twisted with a pout as she couldn't help but be bothered by something. But after watching some people laugh, her eyes narrow as she can't help but think about her newly appointed friend: Denki Kaminari.

Although Kaminari miraculously grew on her, his attempts at reconciliation setting the girl over the edge more than once, Hajime ended up caring for his well-being. Knowing they were friends now and how Kaminari was too friendly for his own good, Hajime never properly apologized to him.

Her shoe taps the ground in annoyance, the thought of the entire thing souring her happy mood. "This is supposed to be a good day Mayami! You're going to see Areum after weeks, deal about your idiot friend afterwards," she says aloud, her hands coiled into fists by her side.

"Hajime?—" Her entire body goes stiff—"Is that you?"

With hesitation, Hajime craned her head to the side and saw the absolute last person she wanted to see. His hands were shoved into the pocket of his zip-up, his printed tee loose and a hairband around his neck. 

Hajime gawked at the boy without shame, her brow raising as she questioned his fashion sense.

His gaze racks her attire as a blush rises to his cheeks. He didn't think it was actually her, he had spoken without thinking. But Kaminari immediately gets on the defensive and starts shaking his head. "It's not what you think! I swear I wasn't following you or anything!"

Her periwinkle eyes stare up at him with disbelief. Hajime rolled her eyes. "Calm down—I don't think you're that crazy."

She pursed her lips when Kaminari sat down on the bench beside her, making himself comfortable. Hajime watched him rather worried; She didn't want Kaminari sticking around because she was supposed to meet Areum in five minutes—in this very spot. For them to meet would be a disaster, and for Hajime's sake, having to deal with her comments and Kaminari all at once would surely make her lose her mind.