Chapter 5

The next evening, Akaashi prepared himself for the party that Bokuto mentioned. The older lad couldn't stop talking about it and constantly asking if the younger lad would come with him, and the answers were still the same. Yes. He doesn't need to be so cautious about it, Akaashi won't run away.

Once he finished, he sat on the sofa in the living room and received a look from his father - probably wondering why is his son looking so good at this hour. Akaashi isn't a type of guy who would go out without his parents' permission, but ever since he hung out with Bokuto, they knew that their son would be okay with his energetic and very friendly friend.

Come to think of it, his mother really adores Bokuto as if he's Akaashi's childhood friend. The older lad is always there to keep a smile on his lips, although sometimes it makes the dark blue eyed lad a bit irked because of how annoying his friend could be.

"Are you going somewhere, Kei?" His mother asked as she put on an apron to cook for dinner.

"Yes, I am," Akaashi replied as he browsed through the tv channels to watch while waiting for his friend to come and pick him up.

"Is there anyone going with you?" His mother asked again.

"Yes, Bokuto-san will pick me up," He said as he gave up with browsing the channels.

"Ah, Koutarou... Speaking of him, I heard he broke the school's fire alarm," Akaashi's face went poker-face before slowly nodding his head, not trying to lie about it since it was true.

"Bokuto? The Bokuto Koutarou?" His father joined his wife in the narrative.

"Yes, the school said he broke the fire's alarm," his mother laughed a little at the thought of Akaashi's friend doing such a stunt. "I mean, he has done something similar before. I'm not surprised anymore,"

Akaashi looked away in embarrassment because the picture of his friend made a stunt and dragged him too, is such a disgrace to his own memory to recall. God, why is he friends with the owl looking lad in the first place? Akaashi blushed even more before looking away.

Fortunately for him, there's a honk-car from outside and Akaashi's head quickly perked up by it. His mother quickly announces, "Oh? That could be Koutarou,"

"I'm going out," Akaashi said as he stood up and cursed to himself when he felt his mother followed him to the front door.

He opened the front door and saw Bokuto with his window rolled down, his grin is wide from ear to ear and that's the first thing Akaashi notices. What a dork, the younger lad smiled to himself before approaching the car and getting inside the vehicle in the passenger seat.

"Are you ready?" Bokuto asked with a big smile on his face.

"Ready as I'll ever be," Akaashi breathed out as he put on his seat-belt.

Bokuto then grinned again before waving his hand out from the window to Akaashi's mother who's watching from the front door. He yelled, "We're going out, Mrs. Akaashi!"

"Be careful and have fun!" His mother said as she waved back at them.

Akaashi thanked God that night after Bokuto drove away from his drive-way to the familiar high-way which led to wherever Kuroo's house is. On the way to their friend's house, Bokuto said something about being fashionably late for the party, so he suggested to get an early dinner at any Burger's drive-in which the younger lad couldn't agree more than he already is.

When they got to Kuroo's city, it was really crowded and the traffic was awful, which gave them the right moment to enjoy their early dinner in the car while waiting for the lights to go green. Akaashi was enjoying his food when he noticed Bokuto changed the music in the car from his phone.