Chapter 11

Amazing. Bokuto is amazing. Akaashi watched as he leaped into the air and spiked the volleyball to the other side of the court. The way he swung his arm back and hit it with all his might, the way his feet brought him to the mid air - Bokuto is really unstoppable. His dark blue eyes glistened as he witnessed him to spike his first volleyball in their school's gymnasium.

Summer was over about a week ago, Akaashi and Bokuto literally spent their remaining Summer time together. One thing you need to know is that they've kissed a lot more than before. Welcome kiss, make-out session in the bedroom or in the car, see you soon kiss, and many more. Even though it's their new affection towards each other, Akaashi still couldn't stop the loud heart beating in his chest whenever Bokuto kissed all over his face.

School has started, and suddenly Bokuto has the audacity to try out the Volleyball club. Akaashi played once as a setter but he somehow left it away when he walked into Fukurodani academy. He never really thought of continuing his legacy as a setter, he doesn't really have any purpose to do so - until he saw Bokuto spiked the ball for the first time right in front of his eyes.

The form he made during mid-air is truly satisfying to watch. The sweat that fell off from his face once he spiked the ball is an aesthetic view from Akaashi's vision. He's like the star in his eyes, shining brightly while leaping in the air. Now to think about it, has Bokuto played Volleyball before? There's no way in hell the golden eyed lad has never played yet can spike the ball like it wasn't a bother at all.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Bokuto cheered as he high-five at the setter of the Volleyball team.

"Bokuto!" Konoha called as he grinned at him. "That was some cool cross-shot, man!"

"I know right!? I thought so too!" Bokuto laughed at himself, impressed by his own skill.

"Come to think of it, do you play Volleyball?" Konoha asked as he gave him a bottle of water to regain his energy.

The golden eyes lad thought for a second before answering, "I think I played before in my middle school. Uhh... What was my position again? Ace, was it?"

"Your position was an Ace!? Bokuto, why didn't you join our team back then?" Konoha asked him but the golden eyed lad just smiled before turning away to Akaashi who's sitting on one of the benches.

It was after school when Bokuto tried the try-out, he asked Akaashi to join him so he could watch him being him like always. But the younger lad didn't complain because he was satisfied by the view of him spiking the ball in mid-air. He saw as the older lad jogged in his direction, completely ignoring Konoha's calls.

"Akaashi! Did you see my spike!?" Bokuto asked him with so much excitement.

"I did. That was amazing," Akaashi said in a monotonous tone.

"I'm just lucky I guess," Bokuto shrugged as he gathered his stuff which made the dark blue eyed lad to raise an eyebrow at him.

"Are we leaving?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm beat. Man, a nice warm bath would be nice," Says the older lad.

Akaashi frowned a little before asking, "I... but...,"

Bokuto then turned his head to his favorite person who's having trouble saying something. It looks like Akaashi has something in his mind but is either afraid to say it or doesn't know how to say it. He usually does that so Bokuto knows that something is definitely off.

"Akaashi, you can stay here a little longer if you want to. We don't have to walk home together today," Bokuto said as he picked up his bag around his shoulder.