Chapter 19

"Bokuto Keiji?"

The exhausted editor looked up from his desk before replying, "Yes?"

"There's a call from Toyosatominami Elementary School for you," the dark blue eyed lad quickly perked his head up from the table.

"Oh, I-I'll get it. Thank you," a wave of anxiety washed over his tiredness before standing up from his office to the phone-call. He put his glasses down and left it behind since he might not need it.

Did he not give her enough money for lunch? Oh, did he forget her favorite fruit for her diet lunch? Shit, did he even give her a kiss before taking off? He felt the heartbeat in his chest getting louder as he reached for the phone. He took a deep breath before pressing the telephone onto his ear.

"Hello?" his voice came out a little hoarse because of the dry throat.

"Hello, good afternoon. Am I talking to Bokuto Keiji?" the female voice asked him which Akaashi felt his heart beating even louder.

"Yes, I'm Bokuto Keiji. Is everything alright?" he asked, his finger starts fidgeting with the cable.

"Mr. Bokuto, I'm here to inform you that Bokuto Kaori has been sent to the nearest hospital because of a broken arm," the teacher said over the phone, Akaashi swallowed hard.

"Kaori... What? What did she do? How could that happen?" Akaashi sounded calm, but outside he looked like a wreck. His eyes widened, his skin is paler, he exposes his anxious aura around his surroundings in the office which made a few people stare at him.

"It looks like she climbed on one of the trees in our park and fell. We tried to soothe her but she needed a better medical treatment, therefore we sent her to Seijinkai Hospital," she said.

"Thank you very much. I'll go there as soon as I can. Please, take care of my daughter," he didn't give the teacher another response as he quickly grabbed his cardigan and all his belongings. He asked for a permittance before leaving, "Good day, sir. May I have an early urgent permission to leave my work? My daughter is in the hospital right now,"

"Oh, isn't it Bokuto? Wait, your daughter is sick?" his boss asked with wide eyes.

Akaashi frowned before answering, "Unfortunately, it seems like she broke her arm,"

"Oh, what a bummer. I wish her to feel better soon!" He gave him an approval to leave and Akaashi didn't waste his time as he thanked his boss.

He ran as he called for a cab and told the driver to take him to the hospital of where his daughter is. While on his way, he sent a quick text to his husband about the recent occasion who's still in Suzuka and impossible for him to be here since he's still in an intense practice for the next Season of F1 race. When he didn't get any response from him, Akaashi turned his phone off and looked up to the sky. Oh, how he hopes that his daughter is fine while he's not here.

It didn't take much of his time from his workplace to the hospital, he paid and ran inside. He asked the receptionist desk about his daughter's position and they quickly led him to the emergency room. When he got there, he met her teachers who are as afraid as he is. Akaashi didn't say anything and ignored them as he got inside the room, he located his daughter faster than how he corrected all the typos in his paperworks.

"Oh," was all he said as he frowned, approaching his daughter who's sitting on one of the hospital beds.

On the other hand, she gasped in surprise to see her dad in front of her before frowning at one of the teachers who's sitting next to her. "Didn't I say not to call Dad? He'll be mad about this! I don't want him to be mad!"