Chapter 14

"You broke the school's windows!?" Bokuto's mother yelled at her son, eyes widening in shock.

Bokuto pouted before mumbling, "And the door too-,"

"THE DOOR TOO?" Bokuto's mother stopped for a moment to cool down since her emotions were taking over, and sometimes those feelings could ruin everything. She then softly asked with a vein looking visible on her neck, "Just what did you do in Fukurodani anyways? Aren't you supposed to, I don't know, study and get good grades? Aren't you getting tired of this, Koutarou?"

"I do study! But doing other things can be really more exciting than opening some boring books in the classroom, right? Oh! Komi and I also caught the fishes at Fukurodani's pond! They have huge fishes!" Bokuto proudly told his mother.

Her son is totally a very clueless-knuckle-head. Even with how upset and disappointed she is, she still doesn't have the urge to raise her voice at him. By his adorable face, she can only see a reflection of his father's troublemaker face and sly mind-set. It's obvious Bokuto took this behavior from his father, and she can't say she hates it.

Bokuto is the only child in his household, hence he gets a little lonely sometimes. At such a young age, he already pulled a few horseplays to gain his parent's attention - to praise or scold him, it doesn't matter as long as he can get their attention. He's a very precious boy in the Bokuto family.

But unlike any families, his father always praised him and even encouraged his son to be even more rebellious than he already is. Basically, his father was a troublemaker in his teenage years - also until now but he keeps it as a secret to remain in his job so he can provide his family needs and wants.

Because of his pushes, Bokuto gets even more motivated to do all the things that even normal kids wouldn't do such as riding a dog on their back, learning how to drive a car on the age of 15, joining a Diving club because of curiosity, and wore a skirt in his first year of high school for this festival and his friends decided to do the same.

Back in the day, he did all that to get more attention from his parents, but now he does it because it is fun. Not just that, but he likes it when Akaashi scolded him for his stupid ideas but followed him at the end of the day. Now that Bokuto is older, he knows his parents wouldn't be around as much as they used to, hence he needs to find someone to give him the attention he craves for.

"So, let me get this straight...," his mother sighed. "You and Komi got into the pond to catch... fishes,"

"Yeah! And they were really big too!" Bokuto nodded his head.

His mother had this shocked and exhausted expression written all over her face before asking, "Where was Keiji at that time, by the way?"

"He was in class, duh! He doesn't like skipping classes," Bokuto said before showing her his right hand. "Did I mention that I twisted my wrist when I played Volleyball with Konoha?"

"You twisted your ha- Koutarou, I've had enough," Her mother massaged her temples because of the headache that just keeps on coming. She told him softly, "Kou, I appreciate that you're being honest-,"

"You haven't known about me and Akaashi played in the swimming pool during class yet, have you? That's actually my favorite, not gonna lie, ma'am," Bokuto laughed at himself, still proud of the story without any hesitations at all.

"Like I said, I appreciate your honesty. But, Koutarou, this is just getting out of hand. You didn't only break the school's facilities but... put Keiji into more trouble than he already is. You hurt yourself, and what if it could be fatal? Your father and I aren't as young as we were used to," she said with a frown. "And it's time for you to grow up too,"