Part 3

Mark P.O.V

Yune was standing in the open door, a worried look in her face. She had her SquidPhone in her hand, holding it near her ear.

Yune (hanging off the phone) : Oh hi Mark. I'm glad you answered ! I really have to talk to you.
Me (opening the door more so she could enter) : Yeah , I guess it's about Daylily right?
Yune (entering my apartment) : Oh, so I was right : something happened.
Me (realizing) : Wait , did you see her? Where is she ?!
Yune : Woah dude, calm down. I don't know where she is, this is why I came here. But yes, I did see her at the Square earlier and she looked completely mad and sad. Can I sit here ?
Me (closing the door) : Oh ya sure. Do you want something to drink before we continue talking?
Yune : Nah thanks I'll be fine.

I sat down at the table too, facing her. Her worried look still in her face, her grey eyes looking straight at me.

Me : So, what happened when you saw Daylily ? What was she doing?
Yune : She was running quite fast, so I shouted her name. She stopped and looked at me, that's where I saw she was crying. But before I could ask her anything, she started running again. I ran after her but ... I lost her in the crowd.
Me (losing hope) : *sigh* And did anyone look at her apartment ...?
Yune (looking her phone) : I ran into Tria and the others after that, so I asked him to check Daylily's apartment but he didn't give me news yet.
Me : And I guess she doesn't answer her phone to you either ?
Yune : Nope...

We stayed silence for a while, without knowing what to say. I can see in her face that she wanted to ask questions, but didn't dare to.
Suddenly, her phone started to ring. She immediately answer.

Yune (excited) : Yes it's Yune ?! Daylily is that you ?

I started to be excited as well, until I saw Yune's smile faded away.

Yune : Oh sorry Tria... yeah any news ? *she listened for a while* ... alright then ... thanks for checking ... yes I am with him right now *she looked at me*... yes I will. Bye and thanks again. * she hanged off the phone*
Alright Mark, now the killing questions... what happened? And please, tell me everything.

And that's what I did. I told her the special training I decided to do with my members, how the firsts matches went and what I said to the other teammate. I saw her curious expression turned into a disapproving one at that moment. Finally, I told her every single word Daylily cried at me when we were at Morray Tower. Those words that marked my soul.

Me (holding my head in my hands) : But, please Yune tell me ! What's wrong with my leadership ? What's wrong with my decisions ? I know I kept telling them their weaknesses, but I just want them to become stronger ! For their own good, not mine !
Yune (listening calmly) : ...
Me : I know , I hate losing. I love victory. But, who likes to lose ? *sigh* ... I have to admit that what I say was ... pretentious.

Then, I looked at her, desesperatly looking for an answer, or an encouragement. I felt tears coming up my eyes, I was so worried about Daylily. I wished at that moment I could tell her the things she made me realize...

Me : I guess I'm just an absolute idio-
Yune (cutting me off) : Okay I heard enough.

She stood and change place at the table, sitting on the chair on my left. She put a hand on my shoulder.

Yune : Mark, there is something you need to know. I wish I wasn't the one telling you this, but this is an emergency, so I will do it.
Me : What do you mean ?
Yune : Shhh let me speak. It's a secret about Daylily. And that secret is probably the reason why she reacted that much to your comment. It's nothing about your leadership, or the skills in Turf War or whatever. No, it's more deeper than that. I thought you would've figured it out yourself but I think you are a bit blind on that point.
Me (giving her a death look) : Oh thanks. You really helped me.

I will never forget what she said next.

Yune (getting impatient) : Mark, Daylily is in love with you.

Yune P.O.V

I really had to hold myself to not burst out of laughing. The face Mark was doing was priceless : surprise, confusion and I think he was a bit mad too. But most importantly, he wasn't able to hold back the lime green color heating up his face.

Mark : ... you are messing with me, aren't you?
Me (offended) : What ?? Of course I'm not ! I wouldn't make a joke on such an important subject !
Mark (still perplexed) : And she told you that directly?
Me : Okay , no she didn't. But Mark , we both know that Daylily has some difficulties to express her emotions sometimes ; she is not quite used to live in a society yet. Trust me, I noticed the way she looks at you when you are not looking at her, or the stars she has in her eyes when she talked about you. She blushes when I asked her if she thinks you are cute. And remember that picture of you both I took with her OctoPhone? That picture is still her wallpaper !

I looked closely at his reaction. He was lost in his thoughts, trying to know if I was saying the truth or not. I guess.

Mark : You ... you are right. That would make sense. That would explain why she reacted like that. I hurt her feelings, not her ego.
Me : Exactly.
Mark : Yune I'm ... I'm so worried about her...
Me (standing up) : I know Mark, and me too. We will find her, I promise. But for now, I really have to go. Please, don't make something stupid.
Mark (smiling a bit) : Aw , you're no fun. Doing stupid stuff is my speciality!

We both laughed a bit while I was walking in the direction of the door. I opened it but before I left , Mark put an hand on my shoulder and said :

Mark : Yune ? Thank you for coming and explaining those things to me. It helped me a lot.
Me : Anytime Mark ! And don't forget : we will find her.

END OF PART 3