Part 4

Mark P.O.V

3 days.

3 days have now passed. Me and the others still had no clue where Daylily could be. She was not answering her phone calls or texts, and she was totally inactive on social media, Squidbook and Inkstagram. Her appartment was still locked, but it didn't mean she didn't pass. Maybe she went in it, when we weren't here, and we don't know.

I think those 3 days were the most awful of my whole life. I barely slept or ate because I was worrying so much about Daylily. I jumped on my SquidPhone at every single text, hopping this is coming from her. I lost interest in doing stuff I usually love, like training and cooking. The only things I was able to do were worrying and feeling bad about what I did. And thinking a bit too much.

During the afternoon of the 4th day, I wasn't able to support that anymore, so I decided to send a text on our X7 Messenger group chat :

"You : Guys ? Can we meet at the Square as soon as possible ? I think I'm becoming insane.
Kai : Yes yes yes I'll be there!
Tria : Same for me dude! I think we all need to talk.
Landon : I'm actually at the Square right now ! I'm eating Crusty Sean food, I'll keep places for you guys!
You : Very well then. See you all soon."

I didn't take any more time ; I took my SquidPhone and the keys of my appartment and I left to the Square.

(Half an hour later)

We were all sitting at the table Landon kept for us. Kai and Tria ordered some food from Crusty Sean truck, both Shwaffles. I normally loved Shwaffles, but I still wasn't able to eat anything.

Kai (her mouth full of Shwaffle) : You changed a lot Mark.
Me : I... did ?
Landon : Yes. You know Mark... we all have something to tell you.
Me (expecting the worse) : Yeah ...?
Kai : We all worry about Daylily but ... we are worried about you too.
Tria : Kai is right. You clearly need some sleep , and you lost weight. You know that not sleeping and eating is not going to help us find Daylily right?
Me : I know ... I'm not doing that on purpose! I just can't eat or sleep ... I worry too much and ... *sigh* there is something going on through my mind ...
Landon : Oh? Wanna talk about it?
Me : Yes, this is why I asked you all to come here at the Square.

I took a deep breath before asking my next question.

Me : Did you know guys that Daylily is in love with me?

They all looked at me a bit in shock. Then they started looking at each other, uneasy.

Tria : I ... yes I knew.
Kai : Same for me.
Landon : Ya.
Me (feeling dumb) : Am I the only one that didn't saw it? Or did she told you all about that ?
Kai : No she didn't say a word about it but, it was in her action and the way she look at you that we figured it out.
Tria : What about you Mark ? Do you have feelings for her?

I hadn't stopped to think about that since Yune told me about Daylily's feelings for me. How do I exactly feel about her? Can I say that I return her feelings?

Me : I ... I'm not sure... I mean, yes I do love her the way she loves me. But the thing is...
Landon : Come on uncle , spit it out.
Me (taking a deep breath) : I'm scared to love again.
Kai (looking confuse) : Again ?
Me : Yeah. I don't really want to explain , or tell what exactly happened, but I've been in a relationship more than one time before, and I've always been hurt. One of them cheated on me, another one said some shit about my family ...

Everyone stayed silent after I said that. Finally, Tria looked at me and said :

Tria : You know that Daylily is not like that.
Me : Yeah I know , but when you have been hurt before, it's difficult to make the move again...
Kai (interrupting me) : Mark , you already made the move. If you didn't love her, you wouldn't worry that much or look so sick.
Tria : That's true dude.

I looked at them one after another, and I saw the sincerity in their eyes.

Me : Yeah, you are right.

Daylily P.O.V

I slapped him in the face.

I screamed at him. I said stuff I never knew I would say one day.

But I was still mad. He hurt my feelings more than he'll ever know. I trusted him with all my heart, as a Leader, as a best friend, but he stabbed us, all the X7. His ego and pride were stronger than anything else. He wants us to have skills only for his own good.

He wants us to be stronger? Skilled? Perfect?

Then I have a little surprise for him.

I spend the last 3 days thinking about my decision. I turned off my OctoPhone, and I left my appartment. I went to the OctoValley, hiding in some dark place , so the Agents couldn't find me. And I thought about my plan. And finally after 3 days, I took my courage.

I left the OctoValley during the night, and came back to Inkopolis. I payed attention to not meet anyone I knew and headed to the place I never believed I would come back to. I stared at the fence for a while, and I turned into Octo form to go through it. I entered that dark place, without knowing if I would see the sun again.

I came back where everything started.

The Deepsea Metro.

No one P.O.V

Somewhere in the distance, someone saw everything. He saw what happened after that Turf War, because he was in the audience. He waited 3 days long, and he wasn't that far when Mark and the X7 met at the Square.

But most importantly, hiding on a rooftop, he saw that Daylily headed back into the Deepsea Metro.

??? (whispering) : Oh no... Daylily, why are you doing this? Don't go there again, don't fall for their trap...

He knew that it was too late now.

He will need help.

END OF PART 4