*2*

Adjusting your watch, you scooted downstairs, only to find him already munching on the breakfast which you prepared earlier, all ready in his office attire.

"Baby you remember today's dinner date right...?"

You said, taking a seat beside him.

"Yeah Yeah I do."

He looked towards you and gave you a small smile.

"Goddd...! Will you never change? Still wearing this dress....?"

He chuckled as he saw you draped in the peach coloured one piece, which was his first gift to you, after he started earning.

"Of course I would have wore this today Tae."

You shrugged with a small smile, admiring the fabric of the old dress.

"I have got you other dresses too Y/N. Why do you stick to this every year?"

He resumed his eating.

"Because it's your first gift for me. It is special."

You shrugged your shoulders again.

"I don't even remember what was your first gift to me. It's been so long."

He laughed shamelessly, as if it was something to boast about.

"It was a Titan watch, which was then your favourite....the one you broke yourself."

You detailed him and he looked at you with a shocked face.

"I didn't break it intentionally though!"

His defending voice reached your ears and you just smiled at him.

"And don't tell me that you expect me to wear that till now, just the way you wear this dress every year on my birthday."

He laughed away while you gulped down the small lump formed in your throat.

"I am done. Shall we move...?"

He asked, getting up, not realising that your plate was almost untouched, while his stomach was full. Well, this was very common nowadays. You used to loose your appetite to eat often.

"Yeah I am!"

You said, picking up your white coat and walking out with him.

"I will see you in the evening baby....don't forget about the dinner alright?"

You said, as you two reached your clinic.

"Don't keep on telling the same thing. It's irritating!!"

It wasn't your fault that you kept on remembering him. He generally used to forget about the dates, which you used to plan with so much excitement, and ditch you in the mean time, but never regretted doing it.

You just sighed, unbuckling your seat belt and proceeded to move out when he grabbed your arm.

"Don't you think you are forgetting something....?"

He raised his brow and you exactly knew what he meant. Leaning close to your face, he kissed you, biting down your lower lip, and later chuckled to himself.

Though his care and concern faded away with time, one thing which remained constant was his romance. He was never fed up of kissing or loving you, but you would have appreciated it more if it wasn't just limited till bed.

Trying to push him away, you held his collar.

"Whatttt...? Can't you stay still..?"

He groaned irritatingly.

"I have patients to deal with. Bye."

You mumbled, close enough to his face to get fanned by his hot breathes.

"Are those patients more important than me..?"

He blinked his eyes with a hint of fake sadness in them and you looked at him with a known smile.

He exactly knew that he meant the world to you and you knew too that he took all the advantage of this information.

"I love you..."

You caressed his cheek and pecked his lips, making them smear with a smile. Yeah! You couldn't even stand his fake sadness, but that wasn't the case with him.

"Yeah yeah baby I know."

He rolled his eyes, later booping your nose.

"Don't you love me...?"

Your eyes wandered over his, to find the trace of the old love which he had for you.

"Do I have an option...?"

He chuckled.

"What if you did?"

You questioned yourself, as it lingered on your head and you didn't dare to ask him that, scared of being more hurt by this one person, whom you love the most.

"Goodbye Tae."

You kissed his cheek again and scooted down the car.

"Don't forget to---"

He didn't let you complete as he already drove away.

".....come to the dinner date."

Your voice trailed off, with a lingering sadness in the end, as you saw his retreating car.

_________________________________

Feedbacks please 🤗💞