CHAPTER 5

Y/N stands next to Mitchie after separating from Shane with a kiss on the cheek. Mitchie hangs up a schedule on the bulletin board outside of the mess hall, people crowding around it as the two step back. The first day was a little confusing at first. Caitlyn, who was in charge of the dance classes, went into where the drumming lessons were held. Nate ended up walking into the dance classes where he should have been with the drum lessons. Ella ended in a room full of guitar players, when she was suppose to go teach campers how to sew. Jason was struggling on keeping the kids under control, causing him hide under a table, making himself a bird house. Peggy managed to escape a crowd of confused campers asking her questions regarding the schedule. Mitchie and Y/N sigh as everything was not working out as well as they hoped.

Everyone was stressed the first couple of days. The staff meetings were filled with yelling and complaints, making Y/N and Mitchie sink to the ground, hiding under a desk. Then, finally everything started to fall into place.

"All good?" Y/N questioned as Shane, Nate and Barron walked up to her, dreading to hear anymore bad news.

"All good," the three boys answer, making Y/N sigh in relief.

"Great, lets do this."

Caitlyn and Nate were arriving to their right classes, Ella was teaching the campers to make awesome clothes, and Peggy was able to answer and help everyone who needed it, without getting overwhelmed. Jason has even got the little kids under control and listening to him.

Y/N and Mitchie have been teaching a small group of kids guitar lessons every morning at 9:00 a.m. on the beach. Peggy has also been giving little kids singing lessons. Y/N walks out of her last lesson of the day, seeing her friends letting out their classes.

"Hey," Peggy calls to her waving. Y/N waves back at her smiling. Y/N looks over to see Shane teaching some kids chords on his guitar. Shane looked up feeling her eyes on him, raising his hand to wave at her. Y/N waved back at him smiling softly. Seeing he was almost done with his lesson, Y/N walked over to him as he stood up to greet her.

"Hey," Y/N said when she reached him, smiling wide.

"Hello beautiful," Shane replies, winking at her, smiling when her cheeks turned red.

"Do you have a break?"

Shane looks down at the schedule in his hands, "Yes I do and I'm going to fill it with you and your beautiful self."

Y/N laughs and grabs his hand pulling him with her. As the couple walks by the kids rooms, they were just able to hear the end of Jason's sentence.

"If you want to be a lead singer, than you'll need tighter pants and learn how to play the tambourine."

Y/N laughs as Shane shouts, "I heard that!"

"Sorry!" Jason says not sounding sorry at all.

Shaking his head, Shane pulls Y/N towards a trail that runs parallel to the lake where you could see a little bit of Camp Star. Hearing a twig snap, Y/N turns to see Nate crouched down, holding a pair of binoculars up to his eyes. Y/N softly taps Shane's arm causing him to turn his head to look at her. Y/N nodded her head towards Nate making Shane look at his brother, a confused look on his face.

"Nate?"

"Yeah," Nate answers jumping before turning to face his brother and Y/N. "Shane, Y/N, what's up guys?"

"What are you doing?"

"Uh, lifeguard duty," Nate lies pointing to the lake in front of him. "Schedule's a mess but you can't be too careful."

Nate turns back around before bringing his binoculars back up to his eyes. "Just one more look. All clear." Nate quickly stands up and walks away leaving the couple to stare after him confused.

..................................................

"So," a voice says pulling Y/N's attention from the clipboard, "what do I have to do to pull you away from this clipboard?"

After seeing Nate, Y/N was grabbed by Mitchie who needed her help, cutting off Y/N's and Shane's time together.

Y/N laughs softly turning to face him, "You saw me two hours ago for our break."

"I know but," Shane says pulling the clipboard out of Y/N's hands, setting it on a nearby table, filling her hands with his own, "that was cut short, and I still want to spend time with you."

Y/N was about to answer, but she was cut off by her mom calling her name, "Y/N."

Y/N turned from Shane, making her hands leave his.

"I just rolled a hundred pounds of raw hamburger all by myself. I told you honey, I needed help."

Y/N looks shocked at her mom, "No, no, that's impossible," she replies picking up her clipboard, flipping through the pages, "I know for a fact Mitchie and I scheduled-." Y/N sighs seeing no one schedule to help her mom. "Absolutely nobody, I'm so sorry."

Brown walks over, "What's going on?"

Connie sighs, "This isn't working. The kitchen is a disaster. Yesterday I ordered fifty pounds of black beans and they delivered fifty cases of beach balls instead." The group of four turned to where Connie pointed, seeing Sander and Barron blowing up beach balls.

Y/N sighs before turning to face her mother, "Well, you go to admit mom, you don't exactly have the best handwriting."

Connie looks at her daughter offended.

"Woah, woah," Brown says, "hey it's rock 'n' roll right? It's gonna be a little chaotic but I think you're doing great." Y/N smiles softly as a thank you to Brown as he turns to face Connie. "Let's just make some adjustments to the schedule." Y/N and her mom nod, agreeing with Brown's compromise. "Great," he says before turning to Shane, "Shane, help Connie with the hamburgers."

"Actually," Shane starts before being cut off by Connie grabbing his arm. "I have this thing—."

"Oh, really well come on pretty boy."

Shane turns to Y/N pleading for her to save him for her mom. Y/N just smiles at him, blowing a kiss in his direction, causing him to playfully glare at her, following Connie unwillingly into the kitchen.