CHAPTER 10

Later that day after dinner, the staff sat in front of the stage, Mitchie, Peggy and Y/N on it.

"Ok," Mitchie announces, "we have a ton of stuff to go over." She stops when she notices not all the counselors were present, "Where is everybody? Seriously people have got to start being on time."

Y/N turns her head when she hears distant screaming, coming closer. She sees the little kids holding water toys, following behind Shane who had water balloons in his hand.

"Attack!" Shane starts causing the little kids to start shooting water or throwing water balloons at the group of counselors. Y/N squeals and tries to hide behind her clipboard when Shane throws a water ballon at her causing her dress to become wet. Y/N grabs a water ballon from a bucket sitting on the ground before she throws it at him, making his t-shirt stick to his body. She continues to throw the balloons at him, stopping when her hands meets the bottom of the bucket. Y/N looks down as see an empty bucket by her feet, quickly looking up to see Shane holding a water shooter pointed at her. Y/N quickly runs away, laughing as Shane follows behind her. Turning her head to see how close he was to her, Y/N squealed when she was lifted over someone's shoulder. Looking to the right, she notices the familiar dark curls.

"Shane!"

Shane laughs in response while he held her tightly making sure her dress covered her. Shane finally set her down, grinning at her cheekily while Y/N slapped his chest softly, a frown on her face.

"That was mean." Y/N says while Shane pushes of her wet hair out of her face, rubbing her cheek after. Nate, noticing the couple was distracted by the other, walked up to them carrying a bucket filled with water. He quickly dumped it over their heads, shocking the two and causing them to gasp at how cold it was. Connie and Brown came down the stairs that lead into the mess hall, gasping at the water fight taking place.

"This was not on the schedule." Connie cries while Brown smiles proudly.

"You kidding? This is what summer camp is all about. Counter attack!" He shouts running down the steps to join the water fight. Connie hurries to find shelter, not wanting to get wet. Y/N and Shane quickly join teams and pelt water balloons at multiple people, laughing when they were hit with one too. The water fight continued, no one noticing Mitchie leave, with soaking wet papers, headed into the mess hall.

..................................................

During the bonfire later that night, Y/N walked up to Caitlyn and Sander, who were sitting by the fire, roasting marshmallows.

"Have you guys seen Mitchie?"

"Uh," Caitlyn says turning to face Y/N, "no. I haven't seen her since the water fight."

Y/N sighed and nodded, "ok thanks." She walked away deciding to look in the mess hall for her. She spotted her standing next to the piano, the soaking wet papers sitting next to her as she tries to copy them onto dry sheets of paper.

"Hey Mitch." Y/N says walking to stand next to her sister.

"Hey," She replies turning to face Y/N, "have you came to help me?"

"Uh," Y/N says, "sure, I guess. What do you need help with?"

After Mitchie gave Y/N a piece of paper to copy, the two sisters worked in silence for about twenty minutes, before it was broken by Mitchie.

"I'm going to go to bathroom for a second, can you handle this while I'm gone?"

"Yeah," Y/N answers making Mitchie thank her quickly, exiting to go to the bathroom. Hearing the door open from behind her, Y/N turns her head seeing if Mitchie came back that fast, only to see Shane smiling at her, a picnic basket in hand.